Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United 3 - 17th March - Pompey

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
doesn't seem to be the same level of planning and advertising as the one we organised for plymouth, if true.

I don't like Pompey, but still, they are fans just as we, and when shit like this happens outside of fans control we should lay aside differences and rivalries and get behind them.

As much as I hate Palarse, I would still support them if faced with the same.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
doesn't seem to be the same level of planning and advertising as the one we organised for plymouth, if true.

I don't like Pompey, but still, they are fans just as we, and when shit like this happens outside of fans control we should lay aside differences and rivalries and get behind them.

As much as I agree with you in principle, I feel that the lack of Portsmouth fans on here asking for help is somewhat telling. Why should others organise anything if they won't? Calling it Fans United 3 shows contempt for the lower league clubs that have been helped along with the fans of these clubs that are now expected to help Pompey. It's not as if it would be tricky to find out how many Fans Untied events have happened, but it seems like they haven't bothered to ask.

If THEY can't be bothered, why should we?

Once yes, twice at a push, third time, on your f***ing bike.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
As others have said, the rules currently mean any money I give would go to Chainrai, Gaydamak, Dave Kitson et al before the non-playing staff, businesses and charities who really need it. So it's a NO from me, I hope the cheating club dies.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Once yes, twice at a push, third time, on your f***ing bike.

that made me laugh, but its not the fans fault. If Dick Knight had've been another Archer type, we could have got the same.

A few seasons to cleanse their arrogance in League 1 will suffice but not extinction

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
My, perhaps simplistic, view of the various Fans United days are that they have been an opportunity for supporters of other clubs to go to a game and show their support for fans who have been fighting in many various and often novel ways, to bring the plight of their club to the attention of a wider public. In this instance, it seems that the Portsmouth supporters have been quite happy to revel in the "glories" of their twice bankrupt club without doing anything about the way in which it has been mismanaged. Suddenly, they are in a state of panic and are expecting everyone else to react. Frankly, tough. In our own case, from the moment it became clear what the former owners of the Goldstone were proposing, supporters began to take action to at very least, draw the attention of the whole country to what was going on. Until the last few weeks, the silence from Portsmouth has been deafening. I can't get to Blackpool on Saturday and there is one other place I definitely won't be going!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
As others have said, the rules currently mean any money I give would go to Chainrai, Gaydamak, Dave Kitson et al before the non-playing staff, businesses and charities who really need it. So it's a NO from me, I hope the cheating club dies.

well they could do what "the green taverners" did at plymouth. They set up a fans donation site with paypal donate links and they paid costs/players directly that they chose as fans, rather than give it to the club to be swallowed up.

The Owners may of cheated but the fans didn't

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
After their abuse on their forums about us last weekend, they can fcuk right off.

With what Plymouth did, perhaps Portsmouth should do more than just shaking buckets on matchdays - only so much money fans can give Dave Kitson every couple of weeks.

explymouthnige

explymouthnige
Jul 5, 2009
Upper Beeding
Fans United 3 - my arse - they've even forgotten the first one they had down there! I went to that - Brighton supporters cars vandalised - thugs walking along with the march to the ground looking for Southampton supporters to attack - not a lot of chance of me going to this one!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My, perhaps simplistic, view of the various Fans United days are that they have been an opportunity for supporters of other clubs to go to a game and show their support for fans who have been fighting in many various and often novel ways, to bring the plight of their club to the attention of a wider public. In this instance, it seems that the Portsmouth supporters have been quite happy to revel in the "glories" of their twice bankrupt club without doing anything about the way in which it has been mismanaged. Suddenly, they are in a state of panic and are expecting everyone else to react. Frankly, tough. In our own case, from the moment it became clear what the former owners of the Goldstone were proposing, supporters began to take action to at very least, draw the attention of the whole country to what was going on. Until the last few weeks, the silence from Portsmouth has been deafening. I can't get to Blackpool on Saturday and there is one other place I definitely won't be going!

Nailed in one.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
According to The News the club is offering BOGOF two tickets for £19.50 to Pack the Park. They've obviously learnt something from the Palarse.

I gave my donation back in August, thanks for the 6 points Pompey, now Pay Up!

PG

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
According to The News the club is offering BOGOF two tickets for £19.50 to Pack the Park. They've obviously learnt something from the Palarse.

I gave my donation back in August, thanks for the 6 points Pompey, now Pay Up!

PG

They're doing a BOGOF deal?
At a time when they need money?
Are they taking the piss?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I can just imagine what a fantastic, jovial atmosphere other fans could look to expect down there. The camaraderie, the bonding, the outpouring of a widely-held belief that such action from across the different football communities up and down the country would really start to make a difference to the way that football in this country was run.

Of course the reality is that some neolithic, mutated goblin from Portsmouth, having drunk his uncles aftershave that morning and blown his dole money on badly cut crack would try and re-arrange your face for wearing a football shirt or scarf from another club.

And that's before you get to the ludicrous, poorly-thought out ineptness this shambolic last minute coffee-morning of an event really is.

What a reflection on the club and the fans. It really does mirror reality - hoplessly organised, financially ineffective, supported by a handful of moronic inbreds, with absolutely no chance of delivering the message it should.

No. I will not be going.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can just imagine what a fantastic, jovial atmosphere other fans could look to expect down there. The camaraderie, the bonding, the outpouring of a widely-held belief that such action from across the different football communities up and down the country would really start to make a difference to the way that football in this country was run.

Of course the reality is that some neolithic, mutated goblin from Portsmouth, having drunk his uncles aftershave that morning and blown his dole money on badly cut crack would try and re-arrange your face for wearing a football shirt or scarf from another club.

And that's before you get to the ludicrous, poorly-thought out ineptness this shambolic last minute coffee-morning of an event really is.

What a reflection on the club and the fans. It really does mirror reality - hoplessly organised, financially ineffective, supported by a handful of moronic inbreds, with absolutely no chance of delivering the message it should.

No. I will not be going.

I thought you were up for attending until I read the last line...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Real football fans should be going to watch Plymouth v Shrewsbury on Saturday as a protest :angry:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells

Despite the obsession on here about the fact that Palace have been through administration - I personally dont hold them accountable as a group of supporters for that. Don't get me wrong - I have no affinity, and nothing but a feeling of disgust and hatred for the Pikeys, but if they were on the brink of the abyss then I would be up there contributing in whatever small way I could.

They may hale from Hagrid's aresehole, but they are at least proper, devoted fans who have taken a number of steps to support and push for a far more transparent ownership of their club and with CPFC2010 or whatever its called, have demonstrated that they expect accountability and engagement from those running their club.

In my opinion the whole admin banter we have with them is becuase its Palace - yes it was not great but I do feel they have to whatever degree possible, paid some sort of price and are not managing their club or encouraging it to do the same.

Palace are very important to me - I hate them and I want them to be in the same division as us - I have no desire to see them fold or go out of business.

Pompey on the other hand seem to supported by a bunch of indolent parasites who have had what they signed up for. A couple of cup finals, a couple fo european nights and 7 seasons in the premier league. Now that it's dawned on their tiny, tiny little minds that this could just be the end they are squealing and begging for the football community to come to their aid.

Palace may be filthy dirty pikeys - but I have more in common with any Palace fan than I ever will with that floating pile of cat sick down the coast.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They don't need any publicity though. Everyone in the country knows exactly the situation they are in, and of the scandalous overspending that put them there. Dave Kitson and Balram Chanrai will both be just fine without their share of my £25, thanks.

What the true supporters of PFC need is to see the club wound up, to finally free themselves of the leeches that they've embraced, and to start a new club down the leagues.

THIS!
Blackpool for me anyway. And even if it wasnt Pompey can go f*** themselves. Sorry but they can.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Despite the obsession on here about the fact that Palace have been through administration - I personally dont hold them accountable as a group of supporters for that. Don't get me wrong - I have no affinity, and nothing but a feeling of disgust and hatred for the Pikeys, but if they were on the brink of the abyss then I would be up there contributing in whatever small way I could.

They may hale from Hagrid's aresehole, but they are at least proper, devoted fans who have taken a number of steps to support and push for a far more transparent ownership of their club and with CPFC2010 or whatever its called, have demonstrated that they expect accountability and engagement from those running their club.

In my opinion the whole admin banter we have with them is becuase its Palace - yes it was not great but I do feel they have to whatever degree possible, paid some sort of price and are not managing their club or encouraging it to do the same.

Palace are very important to me - I hate them and I want them to be in the same division as us - I have no desire to see them fold or go out of business.

Pompey on the other hand seem to supported by a bunch of indolent parasites who have had what they signed up for. A couple of cup finals, a couple fo european nights and 7 seasons in the premier league. Now that it's dawned on their tiny, tiny little minds that this could just be the end they are squealing and begging for the football community to come to their aid.

Palace may be filthy dirty pikeys - but I have more in common with any Palace fan than I ever will with that floating pile of cat sick down the coast.

Oh and this

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I personally think that Pompey should fold and re-start like Wimbledon did. This might sound a bit crap but something like this needs to happen so that the authorities take notice and start to protect football clubs more. Pompey could quite easily re-start and work their way up the leagues again. I feel their size and history will enable them to weather such a storm. It would be akin to a huge relegation and it would not kill them.

I'd rather put my efforts into saving smaller clubs who, once folded, would probably simply die off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here