Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans United 3 - 17th March - Pompey

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Having it on the same day as a Brighton game is ridiculous...

Having it at all is ridiculous.

If Pompey fans don't give a shit (and I've seen or heard nothing in the way of campaigning or protests to suggest otherwise) then why should our fans or anyone else's give a shit on their behalf?

No sense trying to help those who will not help themselves.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very nice fishing, well done.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
They don't need any publicity though. Everyone in the country knows exactly the situation they are in, and of the scandalous overspending that put them there. Dave Kitson and Balram Chanrai will both be just fine without their share of my £25, thanks.

What the true supporters of PFC need is to see the club wound up, to finally free themselves of the leeches that they've embraced, and to start a new club down the leagues.

What ALL of football needs is this. Bigish club folds, fans can start again, but properly. Should Pompey fold, what happens to the debt owed to small businesses and such?

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Having it at all is ridiculous.

If Pompey fans don't give a shit (and I've seen or heard nothing in the way of campaigning or protests to suggest otherwise) then why should our fans or anyone else's give a shit on their behalf?

No sense trying to help those who will not help themselves.

I think they have stayed behind after home games, but thats about it. :shrug:

The supporters club is trying to arrange a community buyout of the club, this is simply to raise publicity, like Plymouth. Not fishing, I've been involved with the problems at Plymouth, Darlo etc recently, trying to keep personal rivalry out of it.

Holy mother of Christ, this is serious. Well I hope that the press get hold of it, run the story, live cameras at Fratton park the whole works and no bugger shows thus showing the rest of the country that no one gives a flying toss about them.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'm sure the Portsmouth fans would embrace a load of people wearing Brighton shirts at one of their games.

This is not "Fans United", it's "we can't be f***ed to try and save our club so sort it out for us please"

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So... this is 'Fans United 3' - thereby ignoring many others. So what is the definitive list of Fans Uniteds - where were they and when were they...?

Obviously the first was on 8th February 1997 at The Goldstone Ground.

Well there was the Donny game at Preistfield, Chester City, Wimbledon at Selhurst, York City and of course just recently Plymouth, those are the ones I recall ( and wet to except Plymouth). So we are at least at number 7.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My daughter lives in Fratton. That's the only reason I'll be going near that place (unless we're playing there, of course)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Well there was the Donny game at Preistfield, Chester City, Wimbledon at Selhurst, York City and of course just recently Plymouth, those are the ones I recall ( and wet to except Plymouth). So we are at least at number 7.

There was one at Cambridge United too, versus Wycombe.

I've just been having a quick tour around a couple of Portsmouth fans forums and there is precisely nothing about a Fans United event, they seem to be more interested in arguing about whether having Balram Chainrai back as owner would be a good thing or not...

(so no debate about actually doing anything)

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yup, I went to one at Cambridge United.

Wasn't York's one called off at the last minute due to a wet pitch?

Yes it was, but there was still a turnout. I believe the wife and I enjoyed a couple of nights in Grassington In the Yorkshire dales, bluddy lovely it was too, rained a lot, but we found pubs and a love affair with Timothy Taylor Landlord Bitter

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id rather stay at home and listen to the Blackpool game, if i was to go anywhere near Fratton Park, id use my money in the local businesses that the club has screwed over...if i was to go to Portsmouth that is, which is unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here