Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan's Phone-in

Albionblogger

Mar 23, 2010
Hi, I am currently putting together a study for my Masters Project to look at User-Generated Content (phone calls, texts, Tweets etc) and how local radio can incorporate the fan's views on the show.

I would love to know how you think BBC Sussex use UGC. Also- do you think the fan's phone-in should consist primarily of reaction? Would be great to get lots of different views for the project to look at how UGC can change local radio.

Thanks in advance!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would be good if it had presenters who know what they are doing, dare I say it the Albion Roar is more interesting than the phone in.

Needs Harty back

Feb 14, 2010
Hi, I am currently putting together a study for my Masters Project to look at User-Generated Content (phone calls, texts, Tweets etc) and how local radio can incorporate the fan's views on the show.

I would love to know how you think BBC Sussex use UGC. Also- do you think the fan's phone-in should consist primarily of reaction? Would be great to get lots of different views for the project to look at how UGC can change local radio.

Thanks in advance!

How about listen to your customers and get Ian Hart back. You know a bloke with a sense of humour, a bit of an edge and who knows about the Albion? Just a thought like.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
How about listen to your customers and get Ian Hart back. You know a bloke with a sense of humour, a bit of an edge and who knows about the Albion? Just a thought like.

I am sorry but Ian Hart was not that good at all, I think people are blinded by his love of Albion. I am not being horrible but the guy on at the moment is better as a professional presenter.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Too bloody right. They should eat some humble pie and get Harty back a.s.a.p. The phone-in isn't a patch on what it was with Harty at the helm.

Jerryatric

Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Mike Ward (Arsenal supporter) is the reason it is so awful.

I only have it on to hear what Gus has to say; then I turn it off.

Having Harty back would be great, but failing that, Comedy Steve always does a good job too.

Mike Ward out!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was on my radio in the car so heard it for the first time for ages and was suprised how bad it was. BBC should either get a new enthusiastic presenter, take it off altogether or confine it to reports from professional reporters and stop it as a phone in.

Feb 14, 2010
I am sorry but Ian Hart was not that good at all, I think people are blinded by his love of Albion. I am not being horrible but the guy on at the moment is better as a professional presenter.

Profssional presenter ? What like that fooking iiot Alan bloody green, o the rest oof the bbc twazocks. No ta, harty is our version of the only decent football bloke on the bbc - Danny baker. You can stick your Alan Green's up your arse

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Point entirely is his love of the Albion now who does Mike Ward support - Arsenal I believe

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I phoned in as soon as I left the ground to plug REMF 9 but they did not call me back :nono:

Feb 14, 2010
I phoned in as soon as I left the ground to plug REMF 9 but they did not call me back :nono:

well if we have some bloody plastic gooner running the phine in then I doubt he has heard of the REMF. First league game at Falmer, lets have Ian Hary with danny Baker as a gust. As Baker is a proper football fan Im sure he ould so it. He publicised fans United on his show all those years ago. Plastic gooners and Alan bloody Green about sums up the bbc's football presenters on the radio.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
well if we have some bloody plastic gooner running the phine in then I doubt he has heard of the REMF. First league game at Falmer, lets have Ian Hary with danny Baker as a gust. As Baker is a proper football fan Im sure he ould so it. He publicised fans United on his show all those years ago. Plastic gooners and Alan bloody Green about sums up the bbc's football presenters on the radio.

It was very dissapointing as I can do no more than phone in and expect the call back they promised. As it was they seemed to have very little callers so even more dissapointing.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Harty was on it I would have had a call back. :US:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Been dire recently seems the callers have dried up and blood Mike Ward knows shit all. John Byrne clearly knows what he is taking about and Poyet's interview is always worth a listen but bar that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here