Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Phone-In This Saturday

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
As always I welcome calls from anyone with a love of the Albion or at the very least a point to make, however for tomorrows show I want as many people at the game to ring in, hopefully so of whom will be taking part in the proposed sit in. It will help Colon no end if you can let me have your mobile numbers in advance and you can do this by e-mailing me at harty@tiscali.co.uk.

The show tomorrow will be certainly very emotive and basically if you have a point to make ring in, Colon will get as many of you on as possible and there is a strong possibility the phone-in could be extended.

LINES OPEN AT 4.45 08459 570057 OR TEXT 07786 207070

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Harty, please mention the Say It With Flowers: We Want Falmer plan on the show.

We could do with as many people as possible sending bunches in for Monday, at present it looks like we've got around 50 or 60 people on here doing it, as well as Paul Samrah's excellent efforts to send flowers from every club in the league.

A few hundred should look quite impressive.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
No disrespect to Harty but I think we need to be phoning the national stations! Radio 1, 5Live, TalkSport etc...

This is an issue of NATIONAL importance after all!

Harty, is there no onw at SCR that can pull a few strings to get us a bit of national coverage?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
No offence taken Lammy however going down the national radio station route tomorrow will probably result in one or maybe two calls on each phone-in maximum, the SCR phone-in will be exclusively Albion themed and as part of the BBC will receive extended coverage via the net.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Harty said:
No offence taken Lammy however going down the national radio station route tomorrow will probably result in one or maybe two calls on each phone-in maximum, the SCR phone-in will be exclusively Albion themed and as part of the BBC will receive extended coverage via the net.

Spot on Harty. This is very important. The most intense feeling is locally and it's great that SCR is going to extend the phone-in to cover this hugely important issue. Bottom line is local politicians may well be listning to their local station and get a good impression of how unpopular the Planning Inspector's made himself.

I'd phone in myself but you DON'T want to talk to me and Tokyo Seagull after we've been down the all-you-can-drink Kareoke I can assure you.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can you get them to put it on over the tanoy system at Wycombe so we've got something to listen to whilst we sit.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Harty.
I emailed Harry Gration (who used to do BBC South and had a soft spot for the Albion , but now presents Look North at BBC Leeds) to see if he would offer support. He replied "Definitely "wants to help. Would he be willing to come on your phone in? He used to do one for SCR when at Southampton?
Got him at BBC Leeds. Might be doing match reports for BBC but presume your BBC contacts would know how to get him.
Might be good to have another professional broadcaster on. The other is colon of course!

South Stand Zealot

Jul 8, 2003
Haywards Heath
HARTY - A SUGGESTION FOR TOMORROW'S PHONE-IN !!

Right at the start ask all listeners to grab a pen and paper. Tell them that you will be giving out Prescott's address in 5 minutes time (e-mail address too !).

Then repeat Prescott's address at reasonable intervals throughout the programme.

Do this slowly and clearly. Many Albion fans are now getting on a bit and perhaps a little deaf and slow.

Fan's views are important tomorrow but what is much more important, indeed CRITICAL, is that you persuade them to ALL write to Prescott IMMEDIATELY !!!

Tomorrow's programme is the most important phone-in you have ever made. MAKE IT COUNT !!!!!

:bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign: :bhasign:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here