Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fan Power? Fan Power? We may as well give Easy 10 the job!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Interactive Team Selection

Fan Power

Mark McGhee has been sacked because the fans didn't want him.

Now, I wonder who was in a similar position recently. Oh that's right, Alan Pardew at West Ham.

We've lost to Forest, Crewe and Bristol City. The SHAME.

Knight says we are a COMMUNITY CLUB.

If the community can sack a manager why shouldn't they pick the team?

Clearly we should have a poll every week choosing the tactics and players.

After all, we're a community club. Who needs professionals?

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Black Country Seagull said:
Can we make signings as well and choose squad numbers

More importantly can these squad numbers be changed during the season?

Surely Kuipers should be number 1?
:jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why have you edited the title? It's not that that's stopping people posting, more the fact it's a load of rubbish.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When gates dip to the levels they're at now Turkey, the man at the top needs to change things...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
It was the ARS wot done it :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I would agree that the MASSIVE protests did indeed play a part in the lardy jocks departure :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks for the vote of confidence Turkey, but I think I'll have to rule myself out. Hanging around for a Hawsey interview, I'd have no chance of getting back in time for X-Factor.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Interactive Team Selection

Turkey said:
Fan Power

Now, I wonder who was in a similar position recently. Oh that's right, Alan Pardew at West Ham.

The relegation was gutless.

The Coca-Cola money was squandered.

Cash was needlessly splashed on Henderson when FDM and the other half-dozen under-keepers on the books could have coped.

Revell and Loft were brought in from the non-league to next to zero effect (and are going straight back there) and we were 'priced out of the market' to sign a poxy striker from Grays.

We've been missing a proper frontman and a proper left-back for a year and a half minimum.

McGhee first transformed Leon Knight from a 25 goal a season hitman to a half-dozen goals a season winger, before shipping him out completely.

The fans are starting to vote with their wallets and are quoting the reason as the manager.

What else is the chairman going to do? He's under pressure himself and if he loses the support of the fans then he's out on his ear himself. That's what being a community club is all about.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Tom Hark said:
The relegation was gutless.

bla bla

bla bla

bla bla bla

Oi! I don't care about that!

I'm looking to the future!

McGhee was sacked because the fans wanted him sacked.

Therefore Kuipers should play because the fans want him to play.

Rents should play because the fans want him to play.

And so on.

Lets have a poll! 4-4-2? 4-3-3? 5-3-2? 3-4-3? What do we play? YOU DECIDE!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Turkey said:
Oi! I don't care about that!

I'm looking to the future!

McGhee was sacked because the fans wanted him sacked.

You're a fan. I'm a fan. We're both looking to the future.

Keeping McGhee in place would not aid that vision - unless your vision includes many fans and players not coming to Withdean while McGhee is in charge.

Dick Knight has been quoted as saying that all he asks is that a manager leaves the Albion in a healthier state than when he was appointed. Which wasn't going to happen with McGhee anymore.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Tom Hark said:
You're a fan. I'm a fan. We're both looking to the future.

Keeping McGhee in place would not aid that vision - unless your vision includes many fans and players not coming to Withdean while McGhee is in charge.

Dick Knight has been quoted as saying that all he asks is that a manager leaves the Albion in a healthier state than when he was appointed. Which wasn't going to happen with McGhee anymore.

Again. I am NOT saying we should have kept McGhee.

All I am saying is given Knights reasons, who needs professionals?

If we know everything, we may as well pick the team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Turkey said:

If we know everything, we may as well pick the team.
I think you're taking things to a bit of a selective extreme there Turkey. THPP has listed a number of the reasons why MM had to go, and no doubt Dick Knight was just as aware of them as we all are. Its not singularly because "the fans said he had to go" at all. Its just another factor in the decision, thats all. When it starts seriously affecting bums on seats, thats normally the straw that breaks the camels back. Or donkey, whichever you prefer.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Turkey said:

Fair enough. We only have DK's publicly-quoted reasons to go on. It obviously suits him to put it down to Fan Power. But you can bet your life DK was being leaned on heavily by the board members who didn't agree with him backing Mcghee in the close season to stay on as manager. Seems pretty likely that he was given an ultimatum this week to get rid of McGhee or stand down himself. DK has a great rapport with the fans, and is the public face of the club. But I very much doubt it was a few polls on NSC that led to the manager's downfall. Seems to me it's a boardroom level decision, maybe or maybe not of DK's choosing.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Few of the reasons given by THPP were enough for Knight to sack McGhee in the summer.

Whats changed? Fan opinion has swung more to the OUTers. Culminating in a 'McGhee Out' sing song at Bristol City.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
as has been mentioned on here before, the 'fan power' was more the fact people were refusing to come and watch mcghee's team at withdean rather than people moaning about him on here..

Stumpy Tim

Re: Interactive Team Selection

Turkey said:
Fan Power

Is there a smiley with a nightcap on snoring? Cos that's that this boring post deserves

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
Few of the reasons given by THPP were enough for Knight to sack McGhee in the summer.

Whats changed? Fan opinion has swung more to the OUTers. Culminating in a 'McGhee Out' sing song at Bristol City.
Perhaps he should've gone in the summer then. I was also of the opinion of giving McGhee 10-12 games this season to see how we get on, but with the benefit of hindsight, I now wish he'd gone at the end of last season.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Interactive Team Selection

Stumpy Tim said:
Is there a smiley with a nightcap on snoring? Cos that's that this boring post deserves

f*** off. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here