Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family Stand noise on Boxing Day

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Meant to ask this after the Colchester game. Early in the second half there was a sustained load of noise making from the Family Stand. It was QUALLA. Kiddies beating their feet, it sounded really good.

Did other parts of the ground hear it too? We need to make that noise more often, I reckon.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I reckon that it shook the very souls of Colchester United players in a Fenerbahce esq "Welcome to Hell" kinda way...

ha, nah it was a good bit of noise though. Keep it up :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I was in the North and heard it. Pity the rest of the ground didn't join in!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
First trip into H block for Colchester game. Very disappointed with the lack of noise and the general lack of atmosphere. It was a cold day but it seemed quieter than C/D where we normally sit. Having said that, there was far, far less moaning until the very end.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
First trip into H block for Colchester game. Very disappointed with the lack of noise and the general lack of atmosphere. It was a cold day but it seemed quieter than C/D where we normally sit. Having said that, there was far, far less moaning until the very end.

Should have been in the Family Stand then for the "Welcome to Hell" experience then.

Saying that,, apparently I upset Mrs HKFC by being a potty mouth at the end of the game. :badfan:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funny that - I'm a bit nearer, but I didn't hear it.

Well if you'd take that silly hat off and get those teeth fixed you might have more of a chance.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Meant to ask this after the Colchester game. Early in the second half there was a sustained load of noise making from the Family Stand. It was QUALLA. Kiddies beating their feet, it sounded really good.

Did other parts of the ground hear it too? We need to make that noise more often, I reckon.

Um, sorry Buzzer, it wasn't audibly at all from H Block. We did a bit of foot-stamping over there, to be sure, for no good reason at all, but part of me is pretty certain that at some point the chalky ramparts will give way and we'll all slide onto the running track with many casualties. Oh well, as a chant-substitute, it wouldn't be missed all that much anyways :shrug:

Sajerz

Feb 6, 2008
Leamington
I was in the family stand and hadn't a clue what was going on it just started, although it does hurt your feet when they are iced over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here