Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer's head wanker spread some more manure

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
From the Argus -

Letter: 'Falmer for all' isn't a true claim

Though I am not anti-football and am quite happy for the Albion to have a stadium but, yet again, out-of-town fans from all points of the compass are bleating for a stadium at Falmer, a place which most of them have never seen.

Meanwhile, the Albion continue to push the "Falmer for all" campaign, which is a complete nonsense as a greater majority of people than the football enthusiasts already visit Falmer for many types of recreation.

They come principally for the quiet ambience and charm of the old buildings of the village itself and for the outstanding natural beauty of the Downs which surround it.

Therefore, Falmer and its environs are already there for all to enjoy and always have been.

However, if the stadium is built, this precious delight will be ruined by this concrete monstrosity - a blight on the landscape.

Falmer will then be only for football fans, its present beauty having been spoiled for everyone else.

Have consideration for the quieter majority of people who will lose so much if the stadium is built there.

It is the most sensitive of all the possible sites proposed and the structure would be seen from far and wide, which is exactly what this area does not want.

-J Hayward, Brighton

Old buildings ? Does he mean the SUssex Uni monstrosities by some chance ?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
No, he means the A27

Silly twat

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
He should try living oop North - we have thousands of square miles blighted by concrete monstrosities!

But modern football stadiums actually help regenerate areas - particularly those blighted by piss awful 1960s university buildings

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder if that twat has actually seen the plans for the stadium, a lot of it's buried in the hill sie and won't be visable to much of the village.

I hate liars.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
On the Left Wing said:
But modern football stadiums actually help regenerate areas - particularly those blighted by piss awful 1960s university buildings
...and villages that have muddy ponds that even the ducks need tetanus jabs to use.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"a greater majority of people than the football enthusiasts already visit Falmer for many types of recreation. They come principally for the quiet ambience and charm of the old buildings of the village itself and for the outstanding natural beauty of the Downs which surround it."
This is pure, unadulterated codswallop.
Falmer never gets "visitors for its quiet ambience", or anything else for that matter. Cos there isn't any. And the only thing that surrounds it are the universities and the A27 for christs sake. I've driven past the site on countless occasions, and not once have I ever seen anyone wandering around that poxy field enjoying quiet ambience. They try to make out its the Sussex equivalent of the Hanging Gardens of fookin Babylon.

:rolleyes:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
They try to make out its the Sussex equivalent of the Hanging Gardens of fookin Babylon.
Now that's an idea. Let's incorporate a hanging garden in the stadium. And we'll start with Fartcher and Bellendotti.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Quite right Easy 10. I believe that this kind of just plain silly statements actually serve us well as they are so obviously trash.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
As an out of towner I am delighted to report that I have been seen the Falmer site, and the demolition of those horrid Uni buildings and their replacement with the new West Stand will be a positive impovement to the area!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
What he really wanted to say

From the Argus -

Letter: 'Falmer for all' isn't a true claim, it's not, it's not, it's not ... ('Stamps Foot')

Though I am anti-football and hater off all things slightly 'common' and am quite happy for the Albion to have a stadium in Kent, but, yet again, out-of-Falmer fans from all points of the compass are bleating for a stadium at Falmer, a place where most of them would never be able to afford to live.

Meanwhile, the Albion continue to push the "Falmer for all" campaign, which is a complete nonsense as a small amount of people other than the football hooligans and oiks already live in Falmer.

They come principally for the postcode and investment in real estate (oh and to live away from the hooligans and oiks).

Therefore, Falmer and its environs are already there for us residents to enjoy and always have been, if you look away from the University buildings, railway and A27.

However, if the stadium is built, this precious piece of real estate will be ruined by this concrete monstrosity - a blight on my sensibilites.

Falmer will then be only for hooligans and oiks, its present value having been spoiled for the residents.

Have consideration for the NIMBY minority of people who will lose so much money if the stadium is built there.

It is the most likely of all the possible sites proposed and the structure would be seen from my house if I sit on the roof and from the A27 and the University 2nd floor buildings, which is exactly what I don't want.

-J 'NIMBY BY NAME' Hayward, Falmer (near Lewes), East Sussex

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
StaffsGull said:
What he really wanted to say

From the Argus -

Letter: 'Falmer for all' isn't a true claim, it's not, it's not, it's not ... ('Stamps Foot')

Though I am anti-football and hater off all things slightly 'common' and am quite happy for the Albion to have a stadium in Kent, but, yet again, out-of-Falmer fans from all points of the compass are bleating for a stadium at Falmer, a place where most of them would never be able to afford to live.

Meanwhile, the Albion continue to push the "Falmer for all" campaign, which is a complete nonsense as a small amount of people other than the football hooligans and oiks already live in Falmer.

They come principally for the postcode and investment in real estate (oh and to live away from the hooligans and oiks).

Therefore, Falmer and its environs are already there for us residents to enjoy and always have been, if you look away from the University buildings, railway and A27.

However, if the stadium is built, this precious piece of real estate will be ruined by this concrete monstrosity - a blight on my sensibilites.

Falmer will then be only for hooligans and oiks, its present value having been spoiled for the residents.

Have consideration for the NIMBY minority of people who will lose so much money if the stadium is built there.

It is the most likely of all the possible sites proposed and the structure would be seen from my house if I sit on the roof and from the A27 and the University 2nd floor buildings, which is exactly what I don't want.

-J 'NIMBY BY NAME' Hayward, Falmer (near Lewes), East Sussex
:lolol: :clap2: :clap:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How many people would visit falmer if there was a 23,000 seater stadium. Thats most of 23,000 everyother week. They only get about 60 a week at mo :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
So god I think you should email it to the Anus.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
He seems to have forgot that the majority voted for a stadium at Falmer.

f***ing hate pricks that have no idea of, or choose to ignore the facts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Does anyone actually believe this tripe? Does he himself believe it? :shootself

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The tragedy is that there will be some equally misinformed souls that will believe this lying bastard.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why does the Argus print this shit. Everyone's entitled to make a point, but when the facts are so totally wrong, and they must know so, why print these letters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here