Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I have an issue regarding Falmer. Now before you start i am fully aware that the location of the new stadium is Falmer and as such is being called and referred to as 'Falmer Stadium' However id personally think something along the lines of 'The Brighton and Hove community stadium' would be more fitting.
Will their be any plans to brand our stadium such as Arsenal have done by naming their home the Emerites Stadium?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I can see it always being referred to as "Falmer", it's now a very emotive word for BHAFC fans and the city itself

We want the Brighton and Hove community stadium,

We need the Brighton and Hove community stadium,

Without the Brighton and Hove community stadium, our club will die, etc, etc

Just isn't the same :laugh:

houlio

May 9, 2008
i know the club are in talks with two major "local" companies at the moment with regards to the name sponsorship but it all seems very hush hush!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Frankly I'm amazed nobody has ever raised this issue before.

Extraordinairy.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pretty sure MP said at the fans forum that we will definitely have a sponsor for the stadium (as it's worth huge sums of money to us) and it will also definitely have the Community Stadium tag at the end.

I don't see why anyone should have a problem with that...

...oh sorry - we're Brighton fans..some of us can find a problem with anything!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think poidy might be on to something here... I think we should have dual sponsorship. First get something like a printing company with a breezily ironic name like 'Blott On!'. Then get a propery firm called something like 'Landscape Developments' and viola! The Blott On The Landscape stadium!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here