Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer was the right choice

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
just wondering but if we were to investigate other sites withing a 20 mile radius of bton and identified somewhere , surely we would be better off accepting defeat and going there rather than fight to the death and risk losing the club, surely it cant take much to look . Although this would totally undermoine the falmer bid . . . just throwing ideas around like

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dougal said:
just wondering but if we were to investigate other sites withing a 20 mile radius of bton and identified somewhere , surely we would be better off accepting defeat and going there rather than fight to the death and risk losing the club, surely it cant take much to look . Although this would totally undermoine the falmer bid . . . just throwing ideas around like
Feel free to throw 'em around. For my part I want to fight to the death. I don't care if a massive brownfield site suddenly became magically available in the centre of Brighton, (I dunno, a massive chemical attack on Preston Park perhaps) I would still want the East Brighton stadium. And I want the current members of LDC to be a little bit afraid for the rest of their lives .....

Friends, Falmer was the only choice and take it from me, it will be magnificent. And we shall sing out loudly of the joys of The Albion and we shall laugh from our swollen bellies as The Nimby's and Killjoys fall at our feet come the hour of victory.
We shall be victorious brothers and sisters. I have a dream, a dream where little blue and white babies stand proudly along side red and blue babies and sing in unison for one time only of the joys of the new ampitheatre of dreams.
My friends, we will win.
Go back to your keyboards and prepare for victory.:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Dougal said:

And just where are these magical millions going to come from to go through the whole process again, therefore the club will die either way

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brovian said:
Feel free to throw 'em around. For my part I want to fight to the death. I don't care if a massive brownfield site suddenly became magically available in the centre of Brighton, (I dunno, a massive chemical attack on Preston Park perhaps) I would still want the East Brighton stadium. And I want the current members of LDC to be a little bit afraid for the rest of their lives .....

Good man Brovian. That is what we need to fight Falmer Fatigue - Fire in our bellies.

We need to start making life uncomfortable for them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TLO said so , so it must be true :clap:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No it's not. :angry:

It is really, I just wanted to be controversial.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
gazwag said:
And just where are these magical millions going to come from to go through the whole process again, therefore the club will die either way

but if you have an unopposed site surely the whole process would cost less than the high court fight ?

BTW Im 100% behind Falmer and still have faith in it but just racking a few ideas about

Franks Wild Years said:
Friends, Falmer was the only choice and take it from me, it will be magnificent. And we shall sing out loudly of the joys of The Albion and we shall laugh from our swollen bellies as The Nimby's and Killjoys fall at our feet come the hour of victory.
We shall be victorious brothers and sisters. I have a dream, a dream where little blue and white babies stand proudly along side red and blue babies and sing in unison for one time only of the joys of the new ampitheatre of dreams.
My friends, we will win.
Go back to your keyboards and prepare for victory.:albion: :albion: :albion: :albion:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :drink:

Fantastic suff. I want that one a t-shirt!!!!!!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gazwag said:

Exactly. For some reason people seem to be under some strange illusion that if we'd picked another site we would have got it just like that with no trouble whatsoever.
I have no idea why people think that would be the case.
I honestly cannot believe that you could pick a site within 40 miles of Brighton where you would not have local objetors and have to go through the same drawn out process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here