Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Rumours

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Everyone you speak to has heard one. Some say No others say its a cert. The one I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of the next door neighbour uncle who works in Planning or something is that ;

'Its a dead cert and directly linked to the Olympic bid. The Chinese have already booked it as their base for 2012'

I heard another one about the timng which will 'definately be Wednesday 28th' (this from someone who is relaible as Gareth Glovers tips)

Anyone else heard any such bollox?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will be sometime in the next two weeks, and will be either Yes, No or perhaps somewhere in between. But I cannot reveal my sources or I'll have to kill you.

:cool:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
One of my customers who deals with various people at ODPM has maintained for quite a while that interested parties informed on the 25th and that the verdict read as Falmer with conditions? (not related to capacity i'm told). I'm sure one of the interested parties will leak the info before a offical press release.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Bananarama-I-Heard-A-Rumour-85063.jpg

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Hannibal smith said:
Everyone you speak to has heard one. Some say No others say its a cert. The one I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of the next door neighbour uncle who works in Planning or something is that ;

'Its a dead cert and directly linked to the Olympic bid. The Chinese have already booked it as their base for 2012'

I heard another one about the timng which will 'definately be Wednesday 28th' (this from someone who is relaible as Gareth Glovers tips)

Anyone else heard any such bollox?

How the hell would the Chinese know about it before there was an announcment from John Prescott ?

If they do surely thats a bit unfair :ohmy: ???

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
just been re-reading some of the old planning inquiry report (quiet day at work you understand). Collyer really didn't like us at all. But it's frightening how completely negative he was - that's probably why he wanted us to walk between 5-8km to see a match!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here