Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Red Herring

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
I am of the opinion that Coppell's stuff about falmer is a red herring.

Lets face it, we will not have a ground built at Falmer for at least 3 to 4 years. Does anyone seriously believe Coppell will hang around for that long anyway( assuming once the thing is accepted, we will still have f*** all money to buy players as all our spare cash will go to the "building Falmer Fighting Fund"

Come clean Stevie.......you want to go to a club with a shiny stadium, somewhere where a owner has pots of cash and who have a very good chance of getting to the premiership soon. Just tell us straight.

That is all we ask for and I think all we deserve

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
:clap:

All the reasons in a nutshell

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Again, what makes you think Falmer would take 3 to 4 years to build once JP gives the go ahead? It only takes about a year to build a stadium.

Madjeski may have pots of cash as you put it but when Sidwell was going we matched their offer and Robert Lester Zamora has stated here today that DK has matched Reading's offer.

Madjeski doesn't throw his money around like confetti.

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
Yorkie

We havent even put the building out to tender yet, which will take 1 year minimum to agree by law!!!! We can't do anything until this is agreed.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Good point Yorkie re timescale. Also if they widen the circle to build the bloody thing then I bet a few fans will go along with their paintbrush and level.

Count me in for the bar section. It would be a bit like a painting party!

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
Sidwell's offer was not matched by the Albion's board

An investor in the club offered to pay the £150k Reading were offering in order to buy him. It was nothing to do with Knight!

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
sherriffbart said:
Yorkie

We havent even put the building out to tender yet, which will take 1 year minimum to agree by law!!!! We can't do anything until this is agreed.

What law is that?? What the feck are you talking about....?!?!?

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
sherriffbart said:
I am of the opinion that Coppell's stuff about falmer is a red herring.

Lets face it, we will not have a ground built at Falmer for at least 3 to 4 years. Does anyone seriously believe Coppell will hang around for that long anyway( assuming once the thing is accepted, we will still have f*** all money to buy players as all our spare cash will go to the "building Falmer Fighting Fund"

Come clean Stevie.......you want to go to a club with a shiny stadium, somewhere where a owner has pots of cash and who have a very good chance of getting to the premiership soon. Just tell us straight.

That is all we ask for and I think all we deserve

Because it is what Knight would have requested. In the run up to Prescott making his decision it is important that we get as much publicity as possible. This is a prime example of how our lack of stadium is affecting the club. Knight would have requested that Coppell sited this as a reason even if it was not the genuine one.

Besides that, i am sure it did have an influence on Coppells's decision making process aong with all the other obvious considerations.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Storer's right. Absolutely nothing has changed on Falmer since he signed. I wish Coppell had the decency of Peter Taylor. (That's the second time today I've said that. I'll stop soon. Promise.)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
sherriffbart said:
I just know......

na na na na na

Well, I work in the Construction industry and part of my job is construction procurement.

Even if the project was for the public sector and had to be advertised in the OJEC, the timescale wouldn't be anything like a year to send out tenders.

As a private project, they could tender it now. We start the ball rolling on most of our projects before planning permission is obtained, it's just one of many risks that the Employer takes into account.

The club are being sensible in waiting for the final button to be pressed in order that the contractors who tender will know that it's a "real" project in order that the risk of paying out abortive fees to consultants is removed, and the contractors will sharpen their pencils to get in on a prestige project.

I presume sherriffbart that you are a solicitor, as they usually talk out of their arses when it comes to building contracts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here