Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Publicity- A 'spiderman' Style Protest Might Work?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The concenus NSC opinion this morning is that the sit in protest at Wycombe has not generated anywhere near enough national media coverage.

Accordingly some fans are suggesting all manner of protests at actual games inc pitch invasions. As has been pointed out to them, this will simply generate negative publicity as the simple equation made will be : Pitch invasion= football hooligan!

May i suggest a compromise that might just generate the much needed publicity. No doubt you will recall the guy in London who climbed a crane dressed as Spiderman to highlight the plight of divorced fathers and getting access to their kids. This generated a few copycat protests but ultimately the debate was raised in the media and the likes of Bob Geldof spoke out on the issue.

Now here's the tricky bit! What can we do and can someone step up to the plate and volunteer themselves for a glorious part in Albions history? The beauty of a protest away from the football ground is that it negates that simple equation of any protest = football hooligans.

If anyone can come up with an innovative form of protest that would be cool and whilst the fathers had Mr Geldof we could have Des Lynam or Fat Boy being our high profile speaker. Might i suggest that the protest be high profile but does not alienate the non football general public i.e. don't bring traffic to a halt.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We could all go to Luton naked.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Interesting idea. I'm inclined to think we need a really big name to do something. Anyone got any contacts? How about Beckham urging everyone to get behind Falmer? Now, if someone could get hold of Neville Neville (remember, we helped out Bury massively), then perhaps he can get one of his two delightful sons to put in a call?

This may be a long shot.....

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Long shot, but worth it. Only problem with a 'spiderman' copycat is that's it's illegal and will piss a lot of people who don't give a toss about our stadium right off:nono:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
samparish said:
Long shot, but worth it. Only problem with a 'spiderman' copycat is that's it's illegal and will piss a lot of people who don't give a toss about our stadium right off:nono:

PLEASE Re-read what i said. I did not say replicate that specific protest and i did emphasise that it must not piss off other people.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well I have a Spiderman costume, get one more and two of us could climb up some landmark in london with a Falmer Yes banner or something!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here