Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer march on Monday - the end of an era?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Argus headline 'Seagulls Migrate' was writ large across the billboards of Sussex on July 3, 1995, telling all that Brighton & Hove Albion was being sold for scrap. Since then we have protested and campaigned and demonstrated and written and pleaded, sometimes when the odds seem stacked against us, sometimes in the pissing rain, but always with dignity, humility and wit.

We can only wait and hope (and pray if you are that way inclined) that Prescott will say YES to our stadium at Falmer. We are now in the final straight with, I believe, our noses firmly in front.

What Monday showed was that, as a set of supporters used to protesting and demonstrating, assuming Prescott does say YES, it probably brought to a close over 10 years of long, hard campaigning.

My point is, where did those 10 years go?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I've only supported the club for the past 10 years. God know's why I ended up falling in love with this club!

Here's to life supporting a football club and only worrying about results on the pitch rather than the future of it off the pitch :clap2: :drink:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
4 years at university (Liverpool)
1 year in Nottingham
5 years at work
2 jobs
1 redundancy
1 marrage
1 child

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
10 years you say?
Probably more than 10 jobs :D also 10 years since I started snowboarding and 10 years since I was legally allowed to drink beer! must be another 10 in there somewhere.....10 girlfriends....yeah that'll do :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was eight.

I'm now an adult.

In those ten years I've matured (ever so slightly), seen my Grandad and Great Auntie die, but I've seen my little cousins born.
I've seen my pets pass away, and Ive seen new ones take their place.
I've seen my mum going to uni and qualifiying as a nurse.
I've seen my dad made redundant and get straight back into a new job.
I've seen my auntie dancing around with glee because her new School has been given the green light.
Ive seen my way through ups and downs; primary schools, secondary schools, and colleges.
I've seen brighton win, lose and draw.
I've seen top players bought and sold...
I've seen delay after delay for a new stadium.
I've seen ten years pass me by so quickly. I remember being eight. I remember the Euro's... the World Cups..
I've seen England come close,
I've seen England throw it away,
I've seen different Governments,
I've seen us play at the Goldstone, Pissfield, and Withdean.

I havn't seen Falmer yet.

I'm 19 on Friday.. I hope I'm not kept waiting much longer.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Since 1995

6 years in Scotland
4 years in Tyneside
One divorce
One new child
One marriage
4 jobs

and still love the club I first watched lose to Torquay Utd at the Goldstone in front of 20,000, some 38 years ago

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
2 Kids
3 Girlfriends
Countless miles up and down the country
2 Jobs
Lots and lots of memories.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Too much to mention save it's been ten years of chaos !

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Was 9 at the time of the sale and sadly a Liverpool fan, despite the fact I was already at school in Burgess Hill, I have only followed the Albion for about 7 years now, becoming a proper fan a few years ago. Anyway I have

1995-02 School at Burgess Hill
1999 Youngest Sister born
2002-04 College
2003 Left parents home due to personal problems.
2004-present day Living in Current accomadation in West Green, Crawley.
2004 Youth MP for West Sussex
I am now 19 and jobhunting, and about to start career and still waiting for Falmer.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
(sigh) Three redundancies
Three girlfriends
Three homes
Three promotions
One relegation
One move back to Brighton

..and lots of beer and curries.

Let's hope it's the end at last (of waiting for the ground, not beer and curries)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fooking nora

6 jobs
1 redundancy
1 marriage
2 kids
1 divorce
4 homes

plenty of Slut Faced Whores

...but who says it the end of an era, we still have the decision to wait for.

Even a yes means at least 2 years of Withdean. We will still need to build th club up to at least a stable Championship side, before we strive to Premiership.

I reckon at least another 5 years of hurt before I will sit in my armchair, with my hot chocolate and say "well thank f*** its all over now"

LC

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Lammy said:
4 years at university (Liverpool)
1 year in Nottingham
5 years at work
2 jobs
---------
1 redundancy
1 marrage
1 child

See what redundancy does to you!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Fooking nora

6 jobs
1 redundancy
-----------
1 marriage
2 kids
1 divorce
4 homes

And again.....:nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
London Calling said:

Even a yes means at least 2 years of Withdean. We will still need to build th club up to at least a stable Championship side, before we strive to Premiership.

I reckon at least another 5 years of hurt before I will sit in my armchair, with my hot chocolate and say "well thank f*** its all over now"

LC

I agree the era will only end the day the tape is cut to open our stadium at Falmer, then and only then can we start to exorcise those demons which still haunt our club

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Those ten years have taken me from school,to college,through about 15 different jobs,6 different residences in as many sussex towns,and a year spent living in Spain.Into the Forces where i am now,and hopefully will be in another ten years time.

I'll look back fondly on the last ten years,and although there were some sad times,i'll never forget the ups and down's,both personally and MORE importantly Albionwise.

Here's to the next ten years:drink: :drink:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
London Calling said:

LC

When I said 'end of an era', I actually meant the end of campaigning, and actually acnowledging the the light at the end of the tunnel really exists.

Anyway, since 1995.

1 job
3 steady girlfriends
1 extremely unsteady, unbalanced girlfriend
0 marriages
0 divorces
1 parent passed away (Mum)
2 homes

and of course, only
1 team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here