Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Falmer IS going to be announced TODAY**

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
Argus exclusive on page 2, written by Adam Tringinham.

Says it will be announced today. If it is YES, the NIMBYs can take court action as JP ignored the inspector or something like that

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
harry_h said:
Argus exclusive on page 2, written by Adam Tringinham.

Says it will be announced today. If it is YES, the NIMBYs can take court action as JP ignored the inspector or something like that

Copy of Gwlan's post last night

'A judicial review is not granted automatically. A judge has to decide whether there are grounds for such action. There is a positive precedent here: only three months ago, a judge ruled that there was no case for a judicial review after Prescott went against the recommendation of his planning inspectors and gave the go-ahead for an asylum centre in Bicester. (read the full story here http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/s...1186901,00.html). In that case, the council lost as there had been no breaches in planning law and the secretary of state had been entitled to act as he did.

The Falmer residents could seek a judicial review but they might like to bear that precedent in mind. It could prove to be a costly move for them'

D

Deleted User X18H

I got into London particularly early so I can celebrate all afternoon ............................... I hope. 6.09 from Brighton :yawn:

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Who knows??? The ODPM post annoucments on their website from 11am

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
PLEASE BE A YES otherwise I am going to be hell to work / live with for the next 10 years.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It won't be yes or no, it'll be delayed again til after the Labour conference in Brighton, they will make up some sort of 'bullshit'.

:yawn:

Trimingham reckons the inspector has ruled against us, but then appears to hint that the most likely reason for the long delay was the ODPM ensuring that an unusual decision to go against the advice of the inspector is watertight on a legal challenge.

He's probably guessing like the rest of us.

I have to say, if the decision is today, I'm amazed it hasn't leaked. On NSC over the past few days we've had every forecast including yes, no and maybe - but none that has sounded that convincing source-wise.

I'm dreading the next few hours to be honest. :ohmy:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Having read the other threads on here over the last 24 hours the "maybe" rumour sounds the most likely I'm afraid.
Seems to be the one thats been leaked to various sources but its the most unsatisfactory thing we could hear (apart from NO :lolol: )

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:
Trimingham reckons the inspector has ruled against us, but then appears to hint that the most likely reason for the long delay was the ODPM ensuring that an unusual decision to go against the advice of the inspector is watertight on a legal challenge.

He's probably guessing like the rest of us.

I have to say, if the decision is today, I'm amazed it hasn't leaked. On NSC over the past few days we've had every forecast including yes, no and maybe - but none that has sounded that convincing source-wise.

I'm dreading the next few hours to be honest. :ohmy:

From catching up with NSC last night, I'd say it certainly has been leaked.

The truth is out there...

If it's YES and the opponents apply for a judicial review, this could cause a serious delay to the whole project - regardless of whether the JR is successful at the end of the day.

How can the finance package be finalised until all the obstacles are cleared? And without it being finalised, how could construction start?

I'm confident we will get a YES, but I can see more long delays ahead.

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Bozza said:
From catching up with NSC last night, I'd say it certainly has been leaked.

The truth is out there...

My guess, too.....if I were to put money on it, with nothing to go on but reading NSC :( , I would say that the decision will be a "Yes, but....." And presumably the but has something to do with the sequence test of looking at other sites?? The only reason I can think of for this decision to have taken so long is that it's actually quite an unusual decision. Either that, or complete inefficiency.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I agree with Ballonboy (it's not often I write that) - I think there were be some attempt made at a compromise. It'll be a "Yes, but..." and the club will have to look at other sites in a formal manner - maybe even another inquiry.

I can't believe this government can make a clear cut decision, without trying to find a way to please everybody a bit (and end up annoying everyone).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here