Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - in memory

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
If anyone thinks this is in bad taste or it upsets anyone, then MODs, feel free to remove. But I was wondering on this historic eve, how many of our fans have literally died waiting for a decision on Falmer and sadly won't see our campaign finally reach fruition? It makes me so angry that since 1995 the majority have been fighting a tiny minority just to save our club, one way or another, when all we should have been doing is watching a simple game of football by the club we all love.

So, least we forget, who should be remember since 1999? That's the real scandal in my eyes and Archer-LDC-Whitehall, you should all be ashamed.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's a very fair point, there have been a fair few who are no longer here to see the day, although I'm sure they'll all be 'there'.

I'm just hoping I can haqng in there.....at the rate it's going I'll be able to get in as an OAP.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I agree. In the last year alone I think there's been a dozen posters on this board.

Archer, Bellotti, Neighbour, Baker, De Vecchi - how do you sleep at nights?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know what you mean.

I've not lost anyone close (in my Albion universe) during this time, but I know several who have. When I get a moment, I do sometimes think of those people - or at least the ones they've left behind, knowing that they never got to experience what we all hope to experience by the end of the decade - the comfort and dignity of a new home.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I know what you mean.

I've not lost anyone close (in my Albion universe) during this time, but I know several who have. When I get a moment, I do sometimes think of those people - or at least the ones they've left behind, knowing that they never got to experience what we all hope to experience by the end of the decade - the comfort and dignity of a new home.

I guess Robert Eaton's one? But haven't there been a few NS Chatters who are no longer with us?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Colin Pryor - Died tragically in a caving accident 3 years back. I cannot believe it has been so long, I can actually remember thinking when we got the original yes, 'that ones for you Col'.... Shame on all the political weazels and vermin attracted to local politics like flies round shit for a few perks and percieved power.

Disclaimer : not all people involved in local politics are like this

My Dad :down:

It was he who introduced me to the Albion, took me to my first game when I was 4. He got me hooked. Thanks to the scum that is Stanley, Archer, Bellotti and the maggots at LDC/FPC and Norman (I only lie when I open my mouth) Baker-he died with us still homeless.....

There are times when only the c-word is appropriate.

Poor sod loved his cricket too and never got to see his beloved Sussex as Champions.

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Just like Nemesis I lost my dad nearly four years ago.Although his ashes will be housed in the falmer stadium garden of remberance.Looking forward to giving the old man a propper send off at the club he loved for so many years.Come on the albion!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was going to mention Trish as well who died in March this year.
Andy McGrath who died in Aug 2004 aged 37.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
My Dad as well. He proudly displayed his pro Falmer poster in his house in Seaford!

He first took me in 1975 when I was 7 and I havent stopped going since!

Feb 28, 2006
Eastleigh
My Great friend, Mark Whyman, he died at the age of 40 before the first yes decision 2 years ago. He was a season ticket holder at Withdean as was I and he did so much with the campaign to try to see Falmer happen. I will be there with his Brother on the day it opens with Mark's spirit i'm sure.
He would be so happy today.
Cheers Mark

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
My Dad died on 20th Jan 2002 at the young age of 51, a life long albion supporter and match day program collector which I have continued in his memory, I must have over 1500 Albion programmes at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here