Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - I'm confused

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Is there ayone (I guess LB or TLO??) who can set out IN ONE POST exactly what the situation is now, what will happen next, and how long it will all take? There are fragments of info dotted around on NSC, but I'm having trouble piecing it all together.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BarrelofFun said:
From my understanding if they agree with one or more of the points raised by the LDC then the decision is quashed and returned to the Govt. to make a new and informed decision.

However, the court may also allow it to stand if it is decided that there is no material impact on the final decision even though a part of the process was unlawful.

I guess they could contest that the decision violates human rights, although I am unsure of what path they would take, as I can't see how it does. The costs of that would be huge and I don't think they would have further funding for that.

If they decide that none of the points raised have any substance then the case will be returned and planning permission will be granted.

I studied various parts of planning about 3 years ago now, so this is not the gospel. This is to the best of my knowledge.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Jim in the West said:
Is there ayone (I guess LB or TLO??) who can set out IN ONE POST exactly what the situation is now, what will happen next, and how long it will all take? There are fragments of info dotted around on NSC, but I'm having trouble piecing it all together.

Likewise.

Perhaps we should have a poll:
- I'm utterly baffled and clueless, I give up trying to untangle this.
- I'm deeply confused.
- I'm just about holding onto the plot, in the main.
- I'm reasonably clear on what happens now. I think.
- I'm Lord Bracknell.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
any one of the top three

In addition at the toip there should be

- I'm so f***ed off with it all I just don't have the will to care anymore

and at the bottom

- I'm John Prescott, I know, but I won't say as my new Jaques croquet Mallet has just arrived and I'm busy while the sun shines

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
zefarelly said:
any one of the top three

In addition at the toip there should be

- I'm so f***ed off with it all I just don't have the will to care anymore

I'm starting to feel the same.:yawn:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think we are in the same place as we were six months ago. i.e. everyone gearing up for the Judicial Review / Planning Appeal (whatever it's called) which will be in a few months' time. The government tried to move it forward, and save Lewes a big whack of court expense by keeping it out of the High Court, but Lewes didn't want to know and decided to delay by a nine further weeks before reaching their not unexpected decision yesterday.

The difference between now and last December is that we know the government has conceded on one of the 16 points raised. Oh, and the length of time Lewes spent behaving like arseholes has increased by a total of six months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here