Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - idea for a ramp up event

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hi Paul,
It seems pity to me that one club stalwarts like Kerry Mayo, Michel Kuipers and Gary Hart could all very well have left the club for good by the time the Falmer mothership is finally commissioned.

Are there any plans for a ramp up event as opposed to an official opening game? I think it would be a really nice touch for the club to consider a pre-season game to honour these players. I know in the case of some of these players, their testimonials have already been dished out, but I think a nice way to honour these players would be to organise a game (perhaps even before the "official" opening glamour fixture if one is being planned) and played to a maximum of 11 or 12,000.

It would also give the club an early opportunity to see how they cope with the crowds before a more public "official" opening day.

Just a thought...

Project Office

Aug 21, 2009
The Club will have to manage a number of ramp up events before the first League match so that we can obtain our safety certificate.

The details of the events will be decided in consultation with the City Council Safety Advisory Group and other parties.

Testimonials are subject to very strict tax rules but an Albion Legends event is among those being considered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here