Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer East Stand

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Has anyone got a front on artist impression of the East Stand from a westerly perspective ? Did the club ever release one ?

Just looking at the pics so far and can't see how the roof will arch over the terrace, the bit of white roof on the webcam is majorly throwing me out.

Just be interested to see really .

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Nice one, the very first picture.

Makes sense. Didnt realise we'd have executive box's in that stand though.

They're not. They're the gents so you can carry on watching whilst having a slash. Watch out when we score though.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Natterjack or someone wise in the ways of stadium design - looking at both the images taken from Jack Straws superb compendium and the architects computer images it looks to me like we have made provision for a second tier to be added to the East Stand at a later date. The computer imagery makes it clear that there is a large amount of space under the roof and enough space above the existing seating to easily accomplish this.

Can anyone confirm that the lack of corporate boxes and what looks like the beginnings of the required support struts within the steel framwork are this way for that reason?

Forgive the ignorance but I thought they'd lost their funding?
I'm not sure whether that affects the plans for the East Stand. It certainly means the their "Teletubbies" building next door is not currently going ahead.

Either way, the design for the East Stand includes a lot of "non-football" space. And presumably that is what is being built.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
The east stand is three tiers, if you look at the pictures on the club website.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was looking at the webcam pictures and couldn't see any way that the stand could have three tiers, only two...unless I have got it completeley wrong!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I was looking at the webcam pictures and couldn't see any way that the stand could have three tiers, only two...unless I have got it completely wrong!

Officially it only has ONE tier. What happens in the future (Premiership, Europe, World cup host city) is another matter though!

I'd like to think the space that is earmarked for the college is going to be flexible so on match days it can be used for hospitality, and in the week for education / hired out to business as meeting rooms. It would make a nice Hotel as well (but best keep that one quiet!).

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
The east stand is three tiers, if you look at the pictures on the club website.

Just so you know. The East Stand is one tier. But has the capacity to have another 7,000 seater tier added above it.

Nothing needs changing to the structure of the stadium when/if this is done. It would just be brought in and fitted. No roofs need removing or anything.

Check out the picture i have done:
010433389019600.jpg

If you look at the above where i have added the yellow. The bolder thicker yellow is obviously where the tier is slotted into place and the thinner yellow you can see in and around would be access points to the tier and windows for rooms fitted inside the tier.

It is a very exciting plan which will hopefully come to full realisation when/if Albion make it to the top and seat sales require it.

Last edited:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Just so you know. The East Stand is one tier. But has the capacity to have another 7,000 seater tier added above it.

Nothing needs changing to the structure of the stadium when/if this is done. It would just be brought in and fitted. No roofs need removing or anything.

Check out the picture i have done:
010433389019600.jpg

If you look at the above where i have added the yellow. The bolder thicker yellow is obviously where the tier is slotted into place and the thinner yellow you can see in and around would be access points to the tier and windows for rooms fitted inside the tier.

It is a very exciting plan which will hopefully come to full realisation when/if Albion make it to the top and seat sales require it.

I thought the total capacity with the corners filled in and another tier added was 30,000?

If the east stand on its own can have another 7000 seats added to it, what is the total capacity with the corners filled in as well? 34,000? This is what I originally thought it was, until it was suggested otherwise on NSC.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An additional tier over the East would hold about 4,000 - 5,000 I believe. The ends would have to be tapered.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What a strange bounce seeming as though we all now know an extra tier can be put on the East Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here