Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FALMER DECISION - what if they appeal ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So IF Prescott gives the green light to the stadium, what options to Lewes CC and the NIMBYS have in terms of appealing against the decision ? Would we enter into another Enquiry-type situation where the grounds for the appeal are established, to be picked over once again at a later date ?

I'm kind of thinking (and hoping) that Lewes CC wouldn't dare attempt throwing more taxpayers money at an expensive appeal, employing more lawyers etc if Falmer is granted...but can an individual action group (ie a bunch of yoghurt-sniffing sandal-wearing bearded veggies) contest the decision ?

Some reassurances would be greatly appreciated.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
You can't appeal directly against a planning decision once it's reached public inquiry level... but you can ask for a judicial review of the decision. That means anyone can go to the High Court and ask a judge to decide if the decision taken by the ODPM is lawful.

It's what the SWEATies tried to do to the council; but they ran out of money and couldn't proceed with the case.

There's NO appeal against the Secretary of State's decision.

The only possible option is a High Court case to seek a judicial review of the decision - on the grounds that the proper procedures haven't been followed.

They have - and all the major players have made damned sure that they have.

Falmer will happen!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I heard we are to expect a decision on Falmer mid next week....Dont know how much truth there is in this though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cheers Brackers. I was hoping you'd be on this thread.
Oh, and sorry about the beard thing. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here