Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer, built and open by 2010

Falmer will it be open by 2010?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic news re the lack of further objections but given the problems we've had getting this far how confident are you that Falmer will be open by 2010?

Basically I guess I'm asking if you are a half full or half empty or somewhere between the two?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually think the momentum is now with us and it will.

dave the pozzitive

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Building Falmer means employing at least one building firm.

If the building firm I am currently employing to build an extension on the back of my house are involved in Falmer, I think we're looking at 2043. Christmas.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
It's certainly going to happen,but I suspect it will take an extra year............hope not,though,I'm getting a bit creaky.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Difficult poll really, we've had so many kicks in the nads over Falmer its very hard to be optimistic when looking to future. I'm saying yes though as this is now a fresh start and the planning bollocks isnt related to the new phase.

Finance prob the issue most likely to stick on but sure I read that this might not be as dificult as you'd expect

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I read that this might not be as dificult as you'd expect

Nor was getting Falmer permission when DK sold the club to Adams and Taylor though and it's the same man telling us the financing won't be a problem :lolol:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
I think it is hugely optimistic to think 2010. Would love to be prtoved wrong but I suspect 2011/12. If you believe the hype

1. the funding is not in place
2. Contractor not appointed
3. errr probably loads of complicated other stuff

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Think it will be done. We are not building Wembley. Though the money is not in place my understanding is the the promise of the money is in place.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The funding agreements are in place, they just need to be signed. If funding evidence was not there at the time of the original application, the City Council would never have agreed to it.

The contracts will go out to tender, so how anybody thinks there is a building firm that is already involved in it is wide of the mark.

I believe it will be 2010.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Do you mean open by the beginning of 2010/11 season, or by the end of 2010?

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
I hope it will be built by the start of the 2010 season, but it all depends on how quickly they get started and there are bound to be a few teething problems which will add to the timescale. Realistically I reckon the 2011/12 season is more likely, I hope I am wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pride Park was built in 18 months, and that holds 34,000 (they\\\'re extending it to 44,000 for the start of next season). It cost £28m, although that was 10 years ago.

Derby was probably a more straightforward development, being as it was built on a business park. But once the diggers start rocking and rolling, it shouldnt take much longer than 18 months I wouldnt have thought.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry to spread doom gloom and despondency but I reckon there is no chance we will be in before the start of 2011/12 and even that might need more luck than we have ever had so far

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You should remember the stadium is not built on some flat piece of ground but a huge excavation project will take place - I suspect some toads may require an extra tunnel to hop under a road etc and these things will delay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here