Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - Another View

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now don't all flame and I accept I got this information from a "source" however that was the same person who told me a week prior to the Adam Hinshelwood.

Anyway it appears that the Falmer issue is only still going because us fans have made it political and had this not happened it would have been a no a few weeks back.

As I said before it is only what I was told and personally I don't believe.

Don't go mad at me but opinions if you want.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If you're telling the truth, that is not good at all, but all the more reason to keep up the effort. After all, if we don't get it, labour will not get a single seat here for the next couple of decades minimum

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope this isn't true - anyone who knows me or checks my postings know I am 100% behind the cause.

I just wondered if anyone alse had heard the same.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
not heard that BH, but have heard re-developing Withdean is Plan B with Waterhall a further Park and Ride site.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is no point in developing Withdean, if we stay there we will share the same name as Train Operating Company - WAGN Rail

We Are Going Nowhere

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Anyway it appears that the Falmer issue is only still going because us fans have made it political and had this not happened it would have been a no a few weeks back.

Damn right we've made it political. They ain't seen NOTHING yet on that front :salute:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks Churchill :lolol:

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
More and more people are of the opinion that it will be a no :(

me I want it more than anything, but by time we get round to it it will be old stadium, and it's gonna take about 5-10 years before this club catches - thanks bellotti et all you Bastards!:censored:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Beach Hut said:
I hope this isn't true - anyone who knows me or checks my postings know I am 100% behind the cause.

I just wondered if anyone alse had heard the same.

I heard exactly the same.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Re: Falmer - Another View

coach03 said:
So does that mean that it's looking like a 'yes' now ?!

It just means that a 'no' decision wasn't handed down.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope so I want it like there was no tomorrow

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
have to say that the longer this drags on, one has to assume that any decision will not be made until after the end of the season. you could read what you want in to that, but talking amongst a few people it has been suggested that a 'no' decision during the season would cause scenes similar to the archer/bellotti days.

i still believe the decision will be based on what the people involved will lose/gain by the final outcome. there is much at stake, not only for the albion but politically for the labour MPs. can Prescott risk a 'no' decision? i believe not.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What you are saying has been stated on here at least 5 times now. A little worrying, unless it's the same person being quoted each time.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
The truth is no-one really knows either way. We must keep the pressure on right up to the day the decision is announced.

I think the talk of waiting until the end of the season is bollocks. We have proved that we can protest away from football grounds before , we can do it again.

If we don't get it Labour might as well not put any candidates up in Sussex.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Kent Seagull said:
The truth is no-one really knows either way. We must keep the pressure on right up to the day the decision is announced.

I think the talk of waiting until the end of the season is bollocks. We have proved that we can protest away from football grounds before , we can do it again.

If we don't get it Labour might as well not put any candidates up in Sussex.

Keeping up the pressure is most important-we still need to find that killer idea! We can still have a major influence on the outcome.....

I am convinced that we will not hear until the season has ended which makes me nervous. If it is going to be Yes (as things stand now) why wait? If it is currently a No it is well known that we won't take the decision passively so an off season announcement would be favourite.

Time to remind your local Labour MP's (wherever you live) that the Labour Party Conference is in Brighton this year (something in our favour) and we're looking forward to welcoming them all to the City. Trips to the Stadium site available on request;)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There may or may not have been a meeting a Ivor Caplins office at Hove Town Hall involving certain Chairmen and Directors of certain football clubs that the pa's to Caplin were not privy to, unlike every other meeting that Mr Caplin has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here