Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer - 19th/20th October

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was in London with a friend of mine yesterday who introduced me to someone who works in JP's department.

I'm bracing myself to be flamed but this is the truth.

He is aware that on Tuesday of this week there was a final meeting with those advising JP and the decision has been made and is a yes.

The announcement will be made on 19th or 20th October depending upon the availability of the interested parties, which didn't make much sense to me.

He believes the reason for the delay has been something to do with agreeing transport quotas or something like that but as I say although he works in the right place he didn't know any more than that.

Sorry to be a bit vague but given the drink was flowing at the time, thats all I can remember. Its worth pointing out that he was a pretencious little bastard who could have been exagerating to impress but I think not.

So hopefully not long to wait now!!:clap2:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Okay I will go book the party.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
It wouldn't surprise me that word got out before the announcement - after all everything seems to leak from this Government. Whatever the case, we've only got another 16 days to wait at the worst.

Giraffe said:
The announcement will be made on 19th or 20th October depending upon the availability of the interested parties, which didn't make much sense to me.
That's not what I have heard. I am expecting an announcement in the week beginning 24 October.

D

Deleted User X18H

Re: Re: Falmer - 19th/20th October

Lord Bracknell said:
That's not what I have heard. I am expecting an announcement in the week beginning 24 October.
Is that because you are looking at it re the 'by 31st October' annoucment or you have info that you have so far decided (and you are perfectly entitled to do so) not to put on here.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Falmer - 19th/20th October

Lord Bracknell said:

so do I (tho stand corrected if it is the 19th/20th) ... all evidence still points to 25th or 26th as most likely dates

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What has happened to the £50 prediction thread? ???

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I did a job a few years ago for the civil service part of which was involved with MI6. Obvioulsy there was a big security issue. As it was they (The Civil Service) intalled some PC Software that was far from user friendly and would give users a password that was just a set of random numbers that many would find hard to remember. The logon name was the user's initial and the first seven letters of their surname. As it was many users actually had the password written on their PC ! (The user's name would be on their office dor or on documents on their desk).

Well I mentioned it to a very high ranking CS and she just laughed. (I found the higher you went the nicer the Civil Servents were). Anyway she said that the computer security was a joke as it was 500% more likely that a secret would be leaked by word of mouth.

I reckon the Giraffe's post would echo that. Mind you, whether it's right or wrong is a different matter.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Re: Re: Re: Falmer - 19th/20th October

On the Left Wing said:
so do I (tho stand corrected if it is the 19th/20th) ... all evidence still points to 25th or 26th as most likely dates

That makes more sense to me as well.

Re: Re: Re: Falmer - 19th/20th October

hove born&bred said:
Is that because you are looking at it re the 'by 31st October' annoucment or you have info that you have so far decided (and you are perfectly entitled to do so) not to put on here.
I have already posted somewhere on NSC that I spoke with the Case Officer in the Planning Division of the ODPM last week (to check that I am still on the mailing list for when the decision letter is sent out). The Case Officer is the lead civil servant handling the Falmer application, who is responsible for steering it through all the processes that the ODPM have to take account of. He said that they were still working on the case and that we could expect the decision "a few days before 31 October".

My other source has a similar story.

I have no special information about what the decision might be.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Has anyone else heard that Eric Huxley chairman of Falmer Parish Council has publically stated that if the decision is yes the council would seek a judicial review.
(posted on the seagulls msg board)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Has anyone else heard that Eric Huxley chairman of Falmer Parish Council has publically stated that if the decision is yes the council would seek a judicial review.

I thought the last enquiry ensured that it could'nt go to a judicial review? as in the last enquiry mad esure that EVERYTHING was looked at? we need the B Lordy here :)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yorkie said:

My head aches reading all this stuff and my ability to retain information is not great but I'm sure I have read in the past that they would have to pay the costs of a judicial review and it would be a significant amount.

Is that right and are they realistically likely to be financially able to do it?.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
For a JR the loser pays for both sides, it will be several million minimum. As they would be effectively challenging the government the fact that nimbys friends like Baker and LDC have said they will back the decision leaves them very isolated. They will probably go through the motions to delay things but unless they win the lottery it ain't going to happen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah LDC would'nt want to raise taxes by 125% to afford the judicial review as they would have a very angry mob on their town halls doorstep! Either the Falmer NIMBYs have got some multi-millionaire waiting in the wings to cop out the cash OR they try some Euro Human Rights route and take the thing to brussels :rolleyes:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Marc said:
Either the Falmer NIMBYs have got some multi-millionaire waiting in the wings to cop out the cash

You don't think Archer might be having the last laugh here do you?

:eek:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
munster monch said:
You don't think Archer might be having the last laugh here do you?

:eek:

Don't :eek: :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here