Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook: 'I Am Going To [Insert American Placename] For [Insert Number] Months'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has anybody come across this latest piece of bollocks from Facebook?

Last week my niece posted on there she was going to Florida for a month. She isn't. This morning my best mate's fiancee posts she's going to New York for 14 months. Fair freaked out my mate when I asked him what that was all about, because he didn't know anything about it!

Presumably its some kind of Facebook equivalent of what Southern Sid did on here. Or do I just know a lot of girlie pathological liars?

Anybody know what it's about?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Neither do I , it's f**king annoying though. Attention seeking at its worst.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Think its to do with Breast cancer awareness. Making a big statement in your status to draw attention.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
It is for Breast Cancer- apparently it is their birthday- the number of months relates to the day (1 month= 1st) and the place relates to the month (Florida=February or something)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It is for Breast Cancer- apparently it is their birthday- the number of months relates to the day (1 month= 1st) and the place relates to the month (Florida=February or something)

Ah right, cheers.

Funny way of going about raising breast cancer awareness if you ask me, if all it does is freak out that person's family and friends.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A friend said she was going to Manchester indefinitely, which I thought was a bit strange, but it seems she has got a job as a Sport Correspondant for the BBC and will be leaving South East Today.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
My girlfriend said she was going to Australia for 10 months, she never came back :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ah, I'm guessing that's what the status update was I saw last night, whereby a most unlikely person was off to Mexico for 14 months.

:yawn:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That explains why a friend has just posted that she's going to Columbia for 28 months, then....

Very odd - can't see how this helps the campaign, just annoys people and freaks out friends and family.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That explains why a friend has just posted that she's going to Columbia for 28 months, then....

Very odd - can't see how this helps the campaign, just annoys people and freaks out friends and family.

Ah, that's why somebody I know said they were going there for 17 weeks, I thought that was strange, I couldn't think why she would be going there for that length of time.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Here you go guys. Just because it's a piss-awful idea (the bra thing at least had a link to breast cancer) I'll put you out of your misery.

"Ok pretty ladies, it is that time of year again...support of breast cancer awareness!
So we all remember last year's game of writing your bra color as your status? so many people took part that it made national news... and the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!
Do NOT tell any males what the statuses mean...keep them guessing!! And please copy and paste (in a message) this to all your female friends. THIS YEAR.....
The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the GIRLS ONLY and let's see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went around all over the world. Your status should say "I am going to Austria for 8 months."The day you were born should be how many months you are gone.
January - Mexico
February - London
March - Miami
April - Dominican Republic
May - France
June - St Petersburg
July - Austria
August - Germany
September - New York
October - Amsterdam
November - Las Vegas
December - Columbia
Do it don't be a spoil sport and show ur awareness for Breast Cancer xx"

D

Deleted member 18477

Here you go guys. Just because it's a piss-awful idea (the bra thing at least had a link to breast cancer) I'll put you out of your misery.

"Ok pretty ladies, it is that time of year again...support of breast cancer awareness!
So we all remember last year's game of writing your bra color as your status? so many people took part that it made national news... and the constant updating of status reminded everyone why we're doing this and helped raise awareness!
Do NOT tell any males what the statuses mean...keep them guessing!! And please copy and paste (in a message) this to all your female friends. THIS YEAR.....
The idea is to choose the month you were born and the day you were born. Pass this on to the GIRLS ONLY and let's see how far it reaches around. The last one about the bra went around all over the world. Your status should say "I am going to Austria for 8 months."The day you were born should be how many months you are gone.
January - Mexico
February - London
March - Miami
April - Dominican Republic
May - France
June - St Petersburg
July - Austria
August - Germany
September - New York
October - Amsterdam
November - Las Vegas
December - Columbia
Do it don't be a spoil sport and show ur awareness for Breast Cancer xx"

girls are so cool!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
girls are so cool!

No they are not. Most of them are head mental. Trust me I have a bit of experience of this.............. I'm not bitter! ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm trying to decide if this is more or less lame than the endless efforts by Justin Bieber fans to get him trending on Twitter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here