Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fab loves Welbz ♥️

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have to say I wasn't excited when we signed him but he's been tremendous for us and has proved me extremely wrong.

We all knew he could play, but we were all worried about his injury record. If we'd known he'd get fixed, I imagine we'd have had high hopes. I never thought he'd be able to play as much as he has.

Dec 29, 2011
I was thinking on Wednesday that Welbeck is a manager's dream. He's great at following instructions, is a good role model, works really hard up front and can also finish really well.

Absolutely class signing from the club, and currently our most effective striker at the club.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Have to say I wasn't excited when we signed him but he's been tremendous for us and has proved me extremely wrong.
I wasn't either (just saw him as a short term rotation player), but given the two seasons he had before joining its not weird that people didn't think much of it.

He's done well though and arguably never been better (give or take a couple of United seasons).

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
The story of Welbeck’s career - he’s continually been under rated and under appreciated.

I love Welbz too.

I wouldn't say he's been underrated or underappreciated.

He got 42 caps for England before he even signed for us. Both Arsenal and United fans appreciate him greatly.

He just struggled with injuries, and still does.

The club has been great for him, and he's been great for the club.

Very, very close to becoming a bona fide Albion legend.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

He got 42 caps for England before he even signed for us. Both Arsenal and United fans appreciate him greatly.

Tempting fate but does he still struggle with injuries? Last season he didn’t seem to miss many games and the season before he has only had one season in his career where he played more minutes in a prem season!

He has played more games for us and scored more for us than anyone else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought he’d reached a crossroads in his first season with us, movement was dreadful, finishing not the best, but he seems to have got stronger, the way he’s going, if England need cover for Kane, he must be in with a shout.

Watkins apart, miles ahead of most of the others for me, including Solanke who is very ordinary. Toney is finished. Calvert-Lewis injury prone….. why not?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Not for those of us cognitively in our 30s. Maybe if your memory is stuck 3 or 13 years ago.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Disagree. Even when he was scoring those goals for England, there was a condescending tone around him. I’ve heard so many jokes about Welbeck over the years, and not just about his injury record, him as a player. I remember it well because I always rated him from the first times I saw him as a kid and I used to defend him vociferously well before he joined the Albion.

To me he’s been one of the top forwards in this country, certainly English, for the last 14 years or however long he’s been around. His overall game has been under rated and even today, he still doesn’t get the respect he deserves from opposing fans and the media. On top of being a brilliant, highly talented player, he’s always been a top bloke and a top pro. Luckily, he now gets that deserved respect from Albion fans today who see him every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here