Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA will back challengers to Sepp Blatter in Fifa vote

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmm, that bent old bastard will do whatever it takes to cling on to power, it's just one massive gravy train and he doesn't want to get off yet.

As it appears to be a FIFA election year, I fully anticipate that the football federations in various poor countries will shortly be receiving personal gifts from Sepp in the form of "development grants" for the betterment of the sport in their homelands, which he will declare triumphantly to be "sharing in a celebration of the success of the Football Family" or some such shit. When it's really a massive bribe to vote for him again. They all will do, of course, because the corrupt thieves who run many of the federations in these places will do whatever they need to do, and probably pocket the greater part of the cash anyway.

The FA can do all they like, but it won't make a blind bit of difference. Money is the only voice at FIFA.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmm, that bent old bastard will do whatever it takes to cling on to power, it's just one massive gravy train and he doesn't want to get off yet.

As it appears to be a FIFA election year, I fully anticipate that the football federations in various poor countries will shortly be receiving personal gifts from Sepp in the form of "development grants" for the betterment of the sport in their homelands, which he will declare triumphantly to be "sharing in a celebration of the success of the Football Family" or some such shit. When it's really a massive bribe to vote for him again. They all will do, of course, because the corrupt thieves who run many of the federations in these places will do whatever they need to do, and probably pocket the greater part of the cash anyway.

The FA can do all they like, but it won't make a blind bit of difference. Money is the only voice at FIFA.

Yep, that just about sums it up!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you buy 442 this month they are giving away copies of 'Foul' by Andrew Jennings, which exposes the corruption embedded within FIFA and is a real eye opener.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Without wishing to sound too like Zara Phillips, it is amazing, AMAZING, that Blatter and his fellow blood/dollar sucking cronies have lasted for so long. Any other sort of charity that behaved like that would be ripped to shreds. Even the press hold back when it comes to criticism. There must be some sort of information floating about that would be a death knell to Blatter et al, shirley?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you buy 442 this month they are giving away copies of 'Foul' by Andrew Jennings, which exposes the corruption embedded within FIFA and is a real eye opener.

Indeed, read it a few years back and re-read it again last year when all that World Cup stuff was going on. The same names crop up over and over again- Blatter, Valcke, Jack Warner are amongst the worst offenders. Their entire organisation is just a massive piss take- when you read that a condition of hosting the World Cup is that these crooked old twunts and their cronies in and around the tournament get complete tax exemption from the host state for the entire duration of the competition, I am GLAD we didn't get the gig. Why should we give a penny to these greedy criminals?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Completely agree Edna. It is sickening that we gave Warner et al the time of day, let alone a Gucci handbag or three for them to gift or sell on.

I'd love to see what sort of legacy they left SA with. I know that they had the opportunity to give a contract to SA (World Cup mascot toys), but opted for a cheaper version in Singapore.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

If the FA had any bottle, they would have withdrawn from FIFA and persuaded Australia (who were even harder done by with the Qatar stitch up), the USA, the other home nations, and any other other international football association with an ounce of decency to join them. And then set up an alternative tournament to the World Cup.

Why we have to be in the pocket of this obscene crook and his awful crony Platini is beyond me. It would only take one country - like England - to begin the revolt and FIFA's corrupt empire would tumble like a house of cards.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wouldn't it be great if there was a breakaway faction and national countries formed an alliance to create a tournament that doesn't rely on making money for a 'charity' and went back to basics?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Agree with the comments about FIFA but let's not pretend the FA would be capable of running a great alternative.

They have shown throughout my lifetime that they are incompetent and untrustworthy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here