Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA just about to charge WHU

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
They are going to be charged for fielding Tevez and Mascerano (sp?). Does this mean we'll get some money for the FA cup match?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This West Ham story is about to go very big indeed. They will get charged by the FA for fielding ineligible players.

If found guilty, the almost inevitable points deduction would see them relegated.

The former chairman Terrence Brown has just resigned from the board (having pocketed his £30million for selling up) because of what might be about to happen.

Magnusson and his Icelandic lot are claiming documents were withheld from them during the sale relating to the 'transfers'.

And the prospect is there of the new owners being punished and relegated for something the old board covered up. With their investment looking a disaster, that would lead to a massive court case for damages, tens of millions probably, against Brown and Co.

Just another day in the Premiership.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Tooting Gull said:

And the prospect is there of the new owners being punished and relegated for something the old board covered up. With their investment looking a disaster, that would lead to a massive court case for damages, tens of millions probably, against Brown and Co.

And the people who really lose out are the fans.....as we know all about.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Compo please.

Tevez was by far their best player in the cup game against us, obviously if he had not played we would have gone on to win the competition.

Failing that, a bye next year into the 4th round would suffice.

???

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Is it too simplistic to suggest that what we should be pressing for is their takings from their cup match against Watford? After all, they cheated us to get there - so we should get the money they took? Is the club looking into this?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How bout this?

We get the bye to the 3rd round next season and West Ham have to play from Round 1.

Plus the gate money from Watford game

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We will just get the prize money from the 3rd round win and their gate recipts from the Watford game. If the club can be bothered to contest it.

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
We're already relegated anyway... ooopsy. I am hoping this will teach the club a lesson.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Da Man Clay said:
We will just get the prize money from the 3rd round win and their gate recipts from the Watford game. If the club can be bothered to contest it.

So that's £40,000 and half of 31000 @ £15 minus some expenses...

that's just about £250,000 or so.

I'm guessing the club would be bothered if that really is a possibility.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Kinky Gerbils said:
How bout this?

We get the bye to the 3rd round next season and West Ham have to play from Round 1.

Plus the gate money from Watford game

Something along the lines I was thinking. West Ham banned from the cup next season and we take their place in the 3rd round hat.

Would be funny to see them in the 1st round though. :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yoda said:
Something along the lines I was thinking. West Ham banned from the cup next season and we take their place in the 3rd round hat.

Would be funny to see them in the 1st round though. :lolol:

Yes, but I think I'd rather have the £250k now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here