Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** it - -Hammond may be out Saturday...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Buzzer said:
not good. Time for you to start a Brighton nil thread, methinks.

'Brighton nil' threads are started on Fridays Buzzer. You don't mess with traditions.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure Kev isn't worried.

Basil Fawlty said:
His shooting and finishing is dreadful to watch, his tackling and passing is in-consistent or even non-exisitant at times. He does alot of puffing and running around, doesn't show any skill on the ball.

Hammond is dreadful. IMO.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure Kev isn't worried.

When was that quote taken from though?

Hammond, in Kev's defence was rubbish last season, and didn't start this one fantastically well.

Somehow, the man has turned himself into (i believe) our best player. Top effort from him:clap: :clap:

On Saturday though he looked injured and tired, so it may not be the end of the world. Fraser will return. Splendid....

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Barrel of Fun said:

Hammond has always had the potential and unfortunately he was left out to dry by Carpenter on quite a few occassions.

Very true, Hammond was almost doing the running for two players in chippys last few games because of his lack of pace.

Why is DW so reluctant to let Hammond have the op early? We are safe so surely its just unneccessary pain for him?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
sir danny cullip said:
Very true, Hammond was almost doing the running for two players in chippys last few games because of his lack of pace.

Why is DW so reluctant to let Hammond have the op early? We are safe so surely its just unneccessary pain for him?

It may be that he feels he needs to attain a decent position as a bargaining tool for his contractual negotiations. I would rather have Deano get it over and done with, unless he still fears relegation.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Gully no 1 said:
so who do you think Wendy will play if Deanos out this weekend?

If he sticks with his Diamond then i'd be happy with a midfield of Cox, Bertin, Robinson and Hart.

Wilkins doesn't seem to rate Hart though, so i expect Fraser will be in there.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Is ward still out on international duty?

EDIT: Nevermind i should read the Argus more carefully next time
He misses both Scunthorpe's visit, which coincides with his 22nd birthday, and the home game against Huddersfield on March 24 but he should be available, jet lag permitting, for the away fixture at Northampton at the end of the month.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would expect it to be Fraser rather than Hart, as Fraser is more suited to a central midfield role which then frees up both Cox and Robinson to attack their defence on the flanks.

To play Hart or Frutos means moving Cox into central midfield where he has been less productive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is if he plays it may lead to a longer term injury.............

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy is almost crying in pain with a double hernia, so we keep trying to play him? Nice. Just send him for the operation ffs

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gully no 1 said:
so who do you think Wendy will play if Deanos out this weekend?

Hopefully Hart.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm all for Harty getting a chance in the first team but lets not all kid ourselves into thinking he's a central midfielder... Fraser has played god knows how many games on the right where he clearly isnt a natural therefore he has deserved a chance in his more suited central midfield role.

I think people who have criticised him may see the real Fraser in the middle of midfield and be suprised.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Towns strength is solid midfield - hense they dont lose many matches and a decent but aging forward line.

If we play like we did at teh McApline ( still cant call it the Galpharm) we should have no problem, but Town wont be as bad as they were that day.

I recon draw 1-1

Be interesting to see if Worthington stays on the pitch as he has this fued with Greg Luganis - sorry Adam El Abd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here