Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F.A Cup Televised games announced........

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The two Live FA Cup Second Round Proper replays and two of the Live Third Round ties have been confirmed.

Notts County's replay with Kettering Town and AFC Bournemouth's trip to Blyth Spartans will both be broadcast live on Setanta Sports 1. Each of the four clubs will receive £40,000 from The FA's Broadcast Fund.

Meanwhile, Liverpool's Third Round Proper tie against Preston North End at Deepdale will be broadcast live on ITV1 on 3 January 2009 and Southampton's home Third Round clash with Manchester United will be broadcast on 4 January on Setanta Sports 1.

These four clubs will each receive £160,000 from The FA's Broadcast Fund.

The Second Round Proper replay TV Selections

Wednesday 10 December 2008
7.45pm on Setanta Sports 1
Kettering Town v Notts County

Tuesday 16 December 2008
7.45pm on Setanta Sports 1
Blyth Spartans v AFC Bournemouth

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Third Round Proper
Winning clubs will receive £75,000 from The FA
Each club will receive £160,000 from The FA's Broadcast Fund

The Third Round Proper TV Selections

Saturday 3 January 2009
5.25pm on ITV1
Preston North End v Liverpool

Sunday 4 January 2009
4.00pm on Setanta Sports 1
Southampton v Manchester United

:clap:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
so what a choice for the viewing public on the 16th !

shrewsbury v brighton
blyth v bournemouth

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Personally I'd like to have seen Macclesfield v Everton. But I suppose televising manure is the LAW isn't it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
preston v liverpool could be pretty interesting

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I do wish the likes of ITV would stop showing games that are going to involve and where the money goes to the big four...They get enough money from TV rights later on in the tournament.

Why not have a couple of smaller team being shown so that both can benefit from the TV revenue!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The FA Cup has moved to different channels yet they still insist on continuing along the same lines as the BBC by showing pretty much every Man Utd game.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
The FA Cup has moved to different channels yet they still insist on continuing along the same lines as the BBC by showing pretty much every Man Utd game.

it's basically because there are alot of man utd fans in the courtry. Therefore more people will watch it.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i think from what i saw of stockport them against villa could be intresting if the conditions are dodgy,they are a big physical team and if it's wet and windy could be a good game

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I do wish the likes of ITV would stop showing games that are going to involve and where the money goes to the big four...They get enough money from TV rights later on in the tournament.

Why not have a couple of smaller team being shown so that both can benefit from the TV revenue!

We've been through this before!!

Because TV is a business and die-hard football league fans are not the main customer base - particularly when in round 3, the majority of them will be at matches!!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sky sports still aint announced theres?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
what utter bollocks! Man Utd on the box dont see that very often do Ya! wankers like they need the tv money

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We've been through this before!!

Because TV is a business and die-hard football league fans are not the main customer base - particularly when in round 3, the majority of them will be at matches!!

Oh here we go again...

...I just voiced my opinion as to what I thought SHOULD happen but I forgot that I'm not allowed to do that am I?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
f*** knows mate, i try not to get to involved in all that shit.

We're not on TV:yahoo:

SATURDAY 3 O CLOCK :love: :rave:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Oh here we go again...

...I just voiced my opinion as to what I thought SHOULD happen but I forgot that I'm not allowed to do that am I?

Sorry, didn't mean to come accross grumpy!

Wasn't directed at you at all, just that this is a common debate!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes, but speaking as a neutral (which the majority of lower league fans now are, as their teams are out) there is NO chance of me making an effort to watch Man United or Liverpool in the FA Cup 3rd round. I can see them every weekend on Match of the Day, or most Sunday's live on sky. I want to see something where there is not only a chance of an upset, it's between two teams that wouldn't usually be matched together. Noone wants to see Liverpool bore their way to victory at tedious Preston, or United's reserves dominate Southampton. As Easy 10 said, Macclesfield v Everton is one I would definitely have shown, as well as Stockport v Villa and Bournemouth or Blyth v Blackburn.

I agree with you, but I think the likes of me and you are in the minority!

The majority of armchair fans I think would prefer to watch "big" teams play each other. I think the majority of lower league fans (who I agree would have a similar view to yours) ARE either still in the cup (about half of the Lge 1-2 teams must still be), or playing a league game - and are not necessarily planning a weekend in front of the TV.

Edit - done maths and that should be a quarter!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here