Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended Highlights on Football League Show?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tvguide.co.uk mentions our game in the info anyways...:thumbsup:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Considering there were Championship games there is about a 0% chance of extended highlights. Even though we're steamrollering this division we would have to win 35-0 to get any extended highlights on that show.

D

Deleted member 18477

there never going to give us extended highlights if there's a higher league on the same show. Havn't done all season and probably wont even the game we clinch promotion (and why should they. championship is a bigger league fact!) BUT our time will come next season! for extended highlights get seagulls player. always a good 5 mins worth of footage for each game on there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Considering there were Championship games there is about a 0% chance of extended highlights. Even though we're steamrollering this division we would have to win 35-0 to get any extended highlights on that show.

there never going to give us extended highlights if there's a higher league on the same show. Havn't done all season and probably wont even the game we clinch promotion (and why should they. championship is a bigger league fact!) BUT our time will come next season! for extended highlights get seagulls player. always a good 5 mins worth of footage for each game on there.

Huddersfield! They sometimes have extended highlights of lg 1 matches on there.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Leeds and Burnley games are mentioned on the BBC site.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mmmmmmm what's that I see? Extended highlights of Peterborough vs Bournemouth!?!?! :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I wish we would stop grizzling about 'lack of highlights'. It would be dullsville if Brighton were the special feature that is demanded each week. Surely that is what Seagulls Player is for or the highlights on the BBC website. We're doing well at the moment, but that should not diminish the coverage shown to other clubs.

We've had plenty of coverage and the are 71 other teams.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Gus getting off a bus is not what I thought would be extended highlights, and not even a single mention of Brighton from Chappers or Claridge. Come on, I need my beauty sleep so pissed off to wait for that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dunno why Adkins has to annoy me every week! He harps on like SCC have the best fans in the world - no Nigel they don't have a rep as anything like 'loud'. And also seems to think that souless half full bowl is the best stadium ever - just cos your used to fecking Scunthorpe Adkins you twat - arrogant ****

As for the Dale text - Apparently they should have had a pen but by the sounds of it the ref wasn't favouring us because our manager is Poyet - pull the other one

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
For the third week running Brighton don't get a mention

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Am I alone in finding this clamour for more coverage, more mentions and more 'respect' from the media a bit tedious? Maybe it just reflects the over-sensitive times we live in, where people flail around desperately for something to get offended by... What next - a claim to the BBC for compensation for hurt feelings?

Why on earth should any Albion fan waste time whingeing on about this? I'm sure fans of all the other 23 League 1 clubs would much rather have our league position than a few minutes on late night telly and hollow words of praise from that lower league journeyman Mr Claridge.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As for the other clubs, is that Richie 'The Bear' Barker they are talking about when they mentioned the new Bury manager?

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
I wish we would stop grizzling about 'lack of highlights'. It would be dullsville if Brighton were the special feature that is demanded each week. Surely that is what Seagulls Player is for or the highlights on the BBC website. We're doing well at the moment, but that should not diminish the coverage shown to other clubs.

We've had plenty of coverage and the are 71 other teams.

Precisely. Imagine if Southampton were top by our margin (difficult I know, but try) and they had extended highlights every week and kept harping on about how good they are; we'd be sick of it.

Plenty of other teams are doing well for their size/budget (Rochdale) they deserve plenty of credit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here