Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter - Reading - Karma

Albion Rob

I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

I remember a few months ago Reading stunned the football world by refusing to cancel half of what cash-strapped Exeter owed them despote 13 of their 15 creditors entering a similar arrangement (Cambridge were the others but they were skint as well).

At the time there was a massive row about it on here. But look at what has happened now. Exeter get ManUre in the cup. Then they go and DRAW and take them back for a televised replay. I reckon that equals KEEERRRCHIIING for Exeter. Will probably finance them for the next season or so.

Reading, on the other hand, have been a bit of a disappointment. Unpredictable league form has seen them become outsiders for an automatic place and even the playoffs could be out for them if they can't put a decent run together at the 'business end' of the season.

I would very much dount they will secure promotion and leave their fans with tears stining in their eyes as the intimidating Madejski Stadium once again fails to play host to top flight football.

As I say, what goes around comes around.

Exeter. I salute you. Reading, I wipe you from my shoe.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Damn straight. Lets hope Reading's bad karma condemns them to a good few seasons of acute mediocrity.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Too f***ing right mate. I loved it when Exeter drew United and to get a draw and a big TV tie is absolutely amazing for them, I hope they can get themselves back into the league and really prosper.

Reading, on the other hand, well it's another season of hope followed by flat disappointment as they fail to get into the Premiership again and even fail to make anyone raelly give a f*** abuot them and their chairman who decided to name the f***ing stadium after him. If that doesn't say something about Reading and their plastic support I don't know what does.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Totally agree. Because of their actions over Exeter I hope Reading get relegated three years running. They shouldn't be allowed to play football against decent teams with decent fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hold on - didn't we write off a part of the money we were owed, and we're not exactly loaded are we? I bet Exeter don't go back to all the other clubs offering to pay what they owe!

Or is it OK for little non league clubs not to pay what they owe?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Simster said:
Hold on - didn't we write off a part of the money we were owed, and we're not exactly loaded are we? ...
Yeah we wrote it off; Rich, play-off chasing Reading didn't. (Nor did Cambridge but as they're more up the creek than us they're excused)

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Simster said:
Hold on - didn't we write off a part of the money we were owed, and we're not exactly loaded are we? I bet Exeter don't go back to all the other clubs offering to pay what they owe!

Or is it OK for little non league clubs not to pay what they owe?

We wrote it off because it was the right thing to do and don't expect it back, it meant stopping Exeter going to the wall. Reading have a sugar daddy, a nice stadium, 'nice' fans but couldn't spare a few grand. SICK. Isn't there room for a bit of empathy in the game anymore.

Jul 20, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Acute Mediocrity, kind of sums up Reading's entire history. Until recently they have always been in Aldershots shadow and that only changed when the Shots went bust.

surely you're not talking about TWICE league cup quarter-finalists Reading F.C.?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
Such an achievment that nobody remembers it. Although any team in Berkshire is going to be medicore, as it is a medicore place, after all it does not even have a cricket team in the County Championship.
It may be a mediocre shithole BUT...

Their fans make an INTIMIDATING atmosphere.

:jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
In all fairness, the standard in the ZDS was so poor that even Palace managed to win it.

It all mean mediocrity, probably in Reading FC's badge, somewhere.
Even their nickname is mediocre. "The biscuitmen" I mean, FOR FUCKS SAKE - what sort of name is that?

A :safeway one, that's what.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The simple fact is Reading showed their true colours with not writing off the debt. Kind of in fitting with the attitude of the fans and everyone concerned with the club. A lack of respect and support for the football community. Just looking after themselves oh and their first team which is most likely Chelsea this season.

Tossers, they'll get theirs eventually and when they do a Leeds I will sit back and laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here