Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Excellent post-match phone-in

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
...on BBC Radio Leeds after the game. An intelligent and varied set of contributors who discussed things like team selection, Leeds' formations and tactics, as well as ticket prices and such obscurities as the Game They Had Just Been Watching. The callers were excellently marshalled by a good host and a very smart old pro in the form of Eddie Gray passing well-balanced comment.

There was barely a hint of "we should be beating teams like Brighton", incidentally - they seemed very aware of and resigned to their task in hand. And no cranks, nutters, unfunny regulars or equally-unfunny personal vendettas against the board or anyone else - although they, to a man/woman, seemed to hate Ken Bates as much as the rest of the world - they were too busy talking about the match and their team.

Of course, that hairy-lipped front bottom Ken Bates is banning them from doing commentary next year and will switch it onto a digital station. A digital station which he owns. Anyway, maybe not of much interest to anyone else but it was noticably good so I thought I'd mention it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eddie Gray did it. He was sat next to us...really nice bloke.

is there a local radio phone in where there are personal vendetta's against the board?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't get touchy Dave. He was talking about CALLERS with vendettas, not co-hosts.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Totally agree with the original post.

It made a refereshing change to hear an intelligent, well thought out phone in where they talked about the game - for once - including the tactics, formations and relevant things that actually mattered.

It was very reasoned, non rabble rousing or tabloid.

I think SCR could learn something...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fairness, I'd imagine the Leeds phone in has considerably more "normal" contributors to choose from, to the extent that they probably weed out the nut jobs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have commented on Nsc before that Radio Leeds and Radio Sheffield have good phone ins.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
We phoned our phone in after the last home game to complain that there was nobody that had been to the game talking about it, and were informed that hardly anyone phones to talk about it!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
We phoned our phone in after the last home game to complain that there was nobody that had been to the game talking about it, and were informed that hardly anyone phones to talk about it!

Would that be the phone-in on Easter Saturday when we put 13 callers to air, 8 of whom had been to the game?

Who did you speak to when you rang to complain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here