Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever won a decent amount on a footie bet?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I did on saturday, thanks to a last minute winner for carlisle against Yeovil.

5 sections & 5 home wins.

SHEFF UNITED
SWINDON
CARLISLE
CHESTERFIELD
ROCHDALE

Get in....£200!!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Albion 1-0. Draw/Albion Win. McShane to score 1st.

£8 --> £298.

Unfortunately, I couldn't work out how to sort out an accumulative bet online. The odds were something like 50/1, 12/1, 5/1 so it would have been a tidy sum!

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
a friend of mine has mclean to be top scorer in league 2 and beckford for league 1 this year........ wins £5k if it comes in and he had it each way so £400 looking likely at the moment.

I nearly won £1,700 on international friendly week a while back but Brazil drew with ROI so i was robbed.

Apart from that £250 is the biggest on 4 team acc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When I had my pubs I used to always do 2 x £15 e.w lucky 15s on the division winners. Most seasons I won large amounts of money. It is even easier now with the big 4 in the premiership and the parachute money when a team is relegated. The ones that let me down were usually the lower divisions because you could never be sure of who had spent and bought well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stoke, Bristol City and Hull prove its not the paracute money, its how you spend it
that may be so this season but in most cases the teams that get relgated are near to promotion. I thi9bnk that next year Derby will be very near and if they do not go up this year Watford will.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
that may be so this season but in most cases the teams that get relgated are near to promotion. I thi9bnk that next year Derby will be very near and if they do not go up this year Watford will.

Unfortunately its a one off this year, these paracute payments are hurting proper football the most

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I won about £80 earlier this year on an 8-way accumulator, betting on odds-on favourites (generally any game where the opposition were over 7/1). I then tried to see how much I could make by doing the same for the following days. Now I have nothing left! But, I only really lost £5 on the initial bet and it kept me amused. Almost, with the final bet, won on an 11-way accumulator, but the FINAL result I was waiting for ending up losing the bet for me. Would've won about £300.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I've never made a loss on a football bet. I have never done one either. I saw a couple of weeks ago some bloke did a 31 match accy or something n won £7000

Erm, confession time here.......

I actually won £99 on Vale winning Saturday.

Sporting Index e.amiled me saying they'd noticed I hadn't bet with them for a while (not surprising as my last 3 bets were Brighton to get more than 58 points (Yeh!), Fulham to get more than 40 points (Aaargh!) and Spurs to finish 6th or above (Aarrgh!)).

Anyway they offered to refund me £50 of my losses if I placed a bet at the weekend. So, having a hunch that Vale might casue us more of a problem than others might imagine, I backed them so that if we won I'd have to pay the massive fee of £1 to Sporting Index (normally £51) (but I'd be pleased with 3 points), if it was a draw they'd pay me £36 and if Vale won I'd be pissed off with the result but compensated with £99.

So I'm now £99 better off, well supposedly. They won't let me have the money because I need fuds to cover my losses on Spurs and Fulham.

Serves me right.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
A friend won fortunes when we beat Leicester 1-0, Virgo first and last goal.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Albion 1-0. Draw/Albion Win. McShane to score 1st.

£8 --> £298.

Unfortunately, I couldn't work out how to sort out an accumulative bet online. The odds were something like 50/1, 12/1, 5/1 so it would have been a tidy sum!

you wouldn't have been able to have this bet anyway, The McShane First (or last)
goal combined with a Correct Score is okay but Half Time/Full Time (or Double result as some firms call it) cannot be combined with a win or indeed a correct score (....and yes I do work in the betting industry) .

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The best return rate I had was £98 from a £1 bet, it was an 11 team accumilator a few years back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I won about £400 backing Greece to win the European Championship...put the money on just after the group matches.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I won about £400 backing Greece to win the European Championship...put the money on just after the group matches.

I'm sorry, but that was a bloody stupid bet.
I know it came in, but it was still a bloody stupid bet.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here