Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever seen a worse pitch than this?

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Have you ever seen a game completed on a worse pitch than this? It took place in Belgium last weekend. The game lasted the full 90 minutes and free beer was served up afterwards. Full story and more ridiculous photos HERE.

waterlogged.jpg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
First season at Withdean often resembled that!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yep, the first time I went to Aldershot, it was much worse that that. Looked like the Adur at low tide. 0-0.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
arundel

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I saw us play a game at the Goldstone one Christmas where the pitch looked something similar to that...think it might have been against Bristol Rovers...they scored early in the first half and we couldn't splash our way to an equaliser, think everyone was praying the ref would abandon it at half time, sadly he didn't.

Spoke to a Ex-Albion player as part of my course yesterday, and he said some of the grounds he's been to playing at county league level, the pitches were rock hard and at one of them they even had to pick glass off the floor before playing.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's bloody LUXURY! It's got grass under t'lake - which is more than you could say about t'bloody Baseball Ground. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here