Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever eaten a Rustlers? What did you think?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Popped in to the local Mulberry's on my way home from work today to pick up a few beerios for the game tonight (which admittedly I'm only half watching as I type on here) and had a quick scout about for something simple to eat.

They didn't have much and what they did have was in the deep freeze, of the thaw and cook for 2 days variety. I started getting desperate and out of nowhere decided to grab one of these "microwave in 90 seconds" Rustlers BBQ rib sandwiches.

I feared the worst but thought it would at least line my stomach for a few bevvies and save me from feeling hungry later.

After 90 seconds in the microwave it looked like this:

Ribwich1.jpg

BUT to my absolute AMAZEMENT it tasted NICE. Not "bearable" or "unrepulsive" but genuinely fairly tasty.

Was I lucky? Have I taken a step too far? Or has anyone else noticed these things aren't half as horrible as they should be?

I'm ACTUALLY tempted to try the chicken one some time now.

rustlers.JPG

N.B. Picture does NOT represent member of Mulberry's staff who sold it to me

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bizarre. I plumped for one the first time today. The cupboards were bare and I was on the prowl for a microwave meal as time was short. I opted for a Quarter Pounder Rustler. Whilst probably taking half an hour off my lifespan, I genuinely enjoyed it. Certainly far tastier than I had expected.

I might have one again some day.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yep, was very pleasantly suprised when i tried one. Not something i'd choose to have reguarly, but when im in a rush or its late, nothing wrong with them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe that the tagline for Rustlers is " From 0 to Tasty in seconds ".. I think more accurately it should be " From Cold and Inedible to Molten and Inedible, in Seconds "

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They don't taste bad, but I felt full of SHAME last time I had one and can't bring myself to have one again.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh I do admit I feel ashamed and dirty and know full well that too many of them in your diet is a passport to type 2 diabetes BUT I was just genuinely interested to know whether other people had had similar experiences.

I mean I'm no Egon Ronay but I like to think I appreciate good food. In fact I recently had a fine Sea Bass dinner in Due South on the seafront which I thought was top drawer so it isn't as if I live on a diet of Wotsits and Dr Oetker normally.

Just never occurred to me that a 90 second microwave snack would actually satisfy me in such a way.

Glad to see I'm not alone

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Never had one, but I will admit to being tempted by the Ham & Cheese Baguette of theirs I saw in Tesco yesterday....I mean, it's just ham and cheese, what could go wrong? :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they arent as bad as i feared and ive had worse. the trick is to toast the bun while microwaving the meat to avoid sogginess.

think i prefer a Ginsters peppered steak slice for pre-beerage snack though, cost about the same.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Stick the bread in a toaster and microwave the burger - tastes much better.

Used to live on them in my student days!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Another thumbs up from me for these little gems as I quite like both Rustler's and their rivals, Feaster's as they are ideal for lunchtime grub whilst at work. Although that said I only tend to buy them when a super-market is selling them for a quid a throw.

Albion, England & Rustlers forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I had one once & i have to say i think eating my own faeces would've been more satisfying.
I saw in our local somerfield microwave kebabs too, Vile

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
I love them! 1/4 Pounder, Chicken, or Rib, they're lovely!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here