Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever been to a game abroad!?

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Have you ever been to a game abroad and if so which ones!?

I'm doing a feature on my blog whereby people send in photos from their European Football Weekends. It would be good to have few Albion fans on there so if you've got any photos and you've got nothing better to do stick them on here or email them to me and I'll put them on the site.

You can see some of the ones I've been sent in here:

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.com/2008/08/readers-photos.html

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No photos unfortunately, but I attended the St Patrick's Athletic vs. IF Elfsborg UEFA Cup 2nd Leg on a trip to Ireland a couple of weeks ago.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I saw Paris St Germain beat Rennes. It was very boring - atmosphere like Withdean without the pies.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Been to a few games in Holland, Been to Ajax Arena and Ado Den Haag atmosphere was much better at Den haag there supporters are pretty crazy and I think now away fans are banned.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire
Malaga v Athletico Madrid a few seasons ago. A young Torres was playing up front for Athletico.

The thing I remember most about the game is when the away team scored (twice) their players getting pelted with water bottles. Looked quite spectacular under the floodlights!

Last edited:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sevilla v Spurs
Slavia Prague v Spurs x 2
Sporting Braga v Spurs
Bayer Leverkusen v Spurs

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Made a curious decision on finishing Uni back in the early 80s to go on a youth hostel holiday in Oslo. Curious because while it's quite an interesting place to go, it was so wallet-obliteratingly pricey to do anything, we didn't get up to much.

However, we did scrape together enough kroner or whatever the local coinage was then to see a local Norwegian League game. Can't even remember the teams but the crowd was as lively as a stiff gerbil in a can of mushroom soup ... Not very excitable, your Norwegians.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
When I worked in madeira I went to - Maritimo against some portuguese side

Also when I worked in Rome - Lazio v Parma

What do people reckon our chances are of getting tickets for the Portugal v Denmark game (at Sporting Lisbon) on Wednesday? We're turning up in the city tomorrow evening, so it'll have to be a schlep around the streets, looking for a ticket outlet, if we are going to get one.

Ditto Porto v Fenerbahce the following week (arriving in Porto on the Monday before the game)?

What do people reckon our chances are of getting tickets for the Portugal v Denmark game (at Sporting Lisbon) on Wednesday? We're turning up in the city tomorrow evening, so it'll have to be a schlep around the streets, looking for a ticket outlet, if we are going to get one.

A tip if you do goto the game, purchase a metro ticket before the game. If you don't it could take you over an hour to get one.

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
Went to Malaga v Getafe a few couple of seasons back

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seen a handful from French and German 3rd division to Olympic stadiums in Rome and Berlin. Went to France 98, Euro 2000 and Azerbijian and Russia vs England. Nurnburg, Hamburg and Pesscara in Italy. Think they were Serie B. Rangers. Once flew over Valancia whilst a game was playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here