Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Evans rates Barnett up there with Mackail-Smith

• Thread starter Deleted member 18477
  • Start date

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Oh dear, 8 goals in League two and he's the best outside the Premiership, definitely on pot that bloke

D

Deleted member 18477

jordan rhodes from league 1...

i'm not even going to bother with the championship strikers. Evans is a joke!

best striker outside the prem? LOL!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
He said the same about Matt Tubbs last season didn't he (being best goalscorer outside Premiership)? Like him or loathe him, and I loathe him, you have to respect the way he portrays Crawley Town as one the biggest movers and shakers in lower league football. And whilst his treatment of those young defenders who let in all those goals for them a few weeks back was pretty poor, Barnett must be full of confidence after getting such an assessment from his manager. I bet the fans there absolutely love him.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
What about the other 7 players who have scored more in League 2, the 4 players who have scored more in League 1, the 8 players who have scored the same in League 1, and the 8 players who have scored the same or more in the Championship?

:lolol:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
classless, clueless, fat, corrupt and eternally non league in my mind. shouldn't be allowed near the non league scene let alone the football league after he destroyed boston fc.

i really hope we draw them at home in the cup in january, so we can hammer them 5.0 all over again to firmly put them back in their dirty horrible chavy little place.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Ok, take away the fact it is Steve Evans and take a step back. Is this the first time a manager has talked up one of his players? it is his job to motivate his team as he see's fit and if he thinks this will work, what's wrong with that? he's still a prize C U Next Tuesday, but he's doing what the thinks is best for his team.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The point here is, not for one moment does he believe his quote, but as someone else said above, this is his way of motivating his players, and also with the January Window coming up very soon and the possibility that some one may take a chance on him from League 1, then by suggesting that he is the best striker outside of the prem, its adds just that more to his value. I have seen him play and he is not in CMS class, he is a very good player theres no doubt about that, but there are a lot better than him about. Its a managers job to speak high of his players, Gus has done it loads with Dunk in recent weeks, he is hardly gonig to say he is shit.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
classless, clueless, fat, corrupt and eternally non league in my mind. shouldn't be allowed near the non league scene let alone the football league after he destroyed boston fc.

i really hope we draw them at home in the cup in january, so we can hammer them 5.0 all over again to firmly put them back in their dirty horrible chavy little place.

You have no idea what your talking about................I only agree with one thing you say above and that is he is fat, but to say he is clueless and eternally non league is just laughable, take out the Boston saga (I dont no enough about it to discuss) and he has been a success at every club he has managed, Crawley romped the conferance last season by a record margin and are sitting 2nd in League 2 with some bigger sides no where near them. He has spent very wisley in the last 2 years and his team play a decent brand of football for that standard. They will go up this year and I actually reckon they will be a force in League 1 next season as they still have a shit load of money to spend.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
You have no idea what your talking about................I only agree with one thing you say above and that is he is fat, but to say he is clueless and eternally non league is just laughable, take out the Boston saga (I dont no enough about it to discuss) and he has been a success at every club he has managed, Crawley romped the conferance last season by a record margin and are sitting 2nd in League 2 with some bigger sides no where near them. He has spent very wisley in the last 2 years and his team play a decent brand of football for that standard. They will go up this year and I actually reckon they will be a force in League 1 next season as they still have a shit load of money to spend.

Unfortunately have to agree here, That said I predicted they'd do well in L2, L2 and L1 is a big gap and L1 and the Championship even bigger. When he is in L1 and scores 35 goals in all comps then I'll admit I was wrong. Until then no chance Steven.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Have to disagree.

The money they spent in the conference was more than every League 2 club added together last season IIRC, any manager would've won the conference with the money he had behind him. He's still paying far higher wages than any other club now they are in league 2, hence why players who were being chased by higher division clubs are ending up there.

I think they'll go up, but will be a mid league 1 club at best. They can't compete with the big clubs in that league.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Have to disagree.

The money they spent in the conference was more than every League 2 club added together last season IIRC, any manager would've won the conference with the money he had behind him. He's still paying far higher wages than any other club now they are in league 2, hence why players who were being chased by higher division clubs are ending up there.

I think they'll go up, but will be a mid league 1 club at best. They can't compete with the big clubs in that league.

But he still had to buy the right players to play to his style of play which he did. his method is very similar to Gus's, the players he buys need to play to his style. (im not for one moment suggesting he is in Gus class) You cant knock Crawley for having a bit of cash from rich owners, look at Chelsea, Blackburn back in Dalglesh days, Man City Now.......and to a degree Brighton.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

How can you possibly defend Steve Evens whilst you admit you don't know about his defining action in football, his corruption conviction at Boston. Check out: Twohundredpercent Steve Evans: Football Manager. Convicted Criminal. or Football Wonderkids fc - Tomorrow's Superstar Players...Today or

As for his time at Crawley, this is a club that have unanswered questions around their ownership, finances, and wages. He spent heavily to get them out of non league last season, and even more this season.

Still think it will unravel and implode at Crawley this year.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough. If he's that good, we'll have him for £300k. Thanks very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here