Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision Song Contest...

What is the reason for the UK's poor performance?...

• The crap song we did.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Tony Blair

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Dick Knight (For Ernest)

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
braders7 said:

:lolol: Probably right, braders, but then again it could be a load of political claptrap.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
strike95 said:
Like many people I know I don't give a toss about the Eurovision Song Contest. At least our musics not like most European music.
except the odd crappy cheesy pop tune in the summer !

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
It's a farce - so political. I thought our song was one of the best and Germany the worst. Iceland and Ireland were good too. Serbia & Montenegro.....????????

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lush said:
Loads of people voting for "the guy they know off the telly" in the United Kingdom selection, even though the song was quite clearly pants.

Well I liked it (don't remember seeing him on the telly!) but thought the one that won was monotonous rubbish! If only people voted for the song rather than their political allies or neighbours it would be less of a farce.

Fran Hagarty said:
If only people voted for the song rather than their political allies or neighbours it would be less of a farce.
Sorry. Since when was the Ukraine either a neighbour or a political ally of most European countries?

As for Serbia ... maybe we should stop worrying about the "Blair effect" and start to get our heads around the fact that the country with the reputation for having the worst war criminals in Europe attracted more votes than their song deserved.

I liked the Cypriot entry - but only because the singer came from Gillingham and I have such happy memories of that delightful resort.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it was an average song sung and performed well by Fox. Fox has a reasonable amount of talent, a good voice and the looks so if they gave him a decent song he would have done better.

Undoubetly the war again went against us.

I thought overall they were the worst set of songs I can ever recall and the voting got it right with the Ukraine winning as they gave a great performance of an interesting song. The singer was good.

The best singer was Cyprus.

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
The Yugoslavian voting was biased.

Thanks for UK for voting for Ireland and making sure we didn't get nil points!

Good to see Johnny Logan again 'What's another year?'

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
All the countries just vote for there neighbours and as countries like Ukraine have lots of neighbours they do well, and we only really have Ireland as a neighbour so we don't do well. Also I can't believe Monaco were allowed to vote, obviously they gave France 12 points.

harry_h

Dec 30, 2003
Hove
All the countries are allowed to vote this year, even if they didn't qualify. I quite liked Cyprus, UK and Ireland. It's a sahme that our European friends don't appreciate good music! Ireland have to qualify for Ukraine 2005, now- BRING BACK JOHNNY LOGAN!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also I backed the Ukraine to win on Tuesday at 5/1 and then 3/1 , staked £ 25 and got back £ 140. :clap2:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I think the time has now come for us to pull out of the Eurovision Song Contest because of the political voting, just like Luxenburg did. Even if we get "nill points" like last year we are always going to be allowed to stay in it without having to qualify the following year because we put a lot of money towards it every time. There are about 4 other countries who have the same ruling. So if we were to pull out it would hopefully make them realise what the contest has become. We have got no chance of winning it ever again. Everybody hates us and the countries who vote for each other just on the basis of them being friends dont even try to disguise it. One country last night even told the other country they'd just given the 12 points to how much they loved them. Terry Wogan predicts every year who will vote for who and he's always right. It has become a joke and Terry takes this view when doing the commentary.
Even the "half time" show last night was a blatant rip off of Riverdance. Unbelievable.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here