Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] EuroMillions £105m won by Sussex couple

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Can you buy us a good striker instead?

105m is an insane amount of money. I'm not sure i'd be able to blow all of it, but i'd just relish the opportunity to try tbh.

Haha. I wrote this after hearing Newcastle spunked something like £80M on 3 strikers including that pair that have 1 goal between them this season. Maupay a bargain !!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-sussex-50559136

I so wouldn't go public if I won. Asking for trouble surely? But then I don't do the lottery. :shrug:

There are a legion of long term reporters sniffing around the area of the winner, tapping up car dealers, bank workers, estate agents etc etc it'd be hard to explain moving from the 3 bed semi to a 5 bed mansion and swapping the works transit for an Aston Martin DB11, wouldn't it?

You could, of course, say it wouldn't change you. However, as soon as the local hospice needs £1m or a friends child needs a chair etc to help with their life you'd be there and however discrete you'd tell people to be it'd be out. The only hope people would have is saying they'd inherited a million, or so, burn through that quickly and spread the story you've blown it all but got a nice house and a car .... even then you'd still need to head off in your transit at 7 a.m. every morning to maintain the ruse!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What about keeping £5m, then dishing out equally the £100m between the active NSC membership (excluding trolls/supporters of CP, Stains, Burnley, Swansea, Bmuff).

No doubt based on the number of posts?

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
pp7ttxoajoexv2ik5k8g.jpg

This is the real image of the couple, not that fake builder crap :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All jackpot winners are offered help whether they go public or not. Apparently most big winners do not take it but the lower millionaires do, which seems a little strange to me. Although, I'm sure they will invest in accountants etc.

As an aside, my wife's cousin won £1m on Xmas eve a few years ago. Lotto use Coutts as their bank and my wife's cousin was offered a gold Coutts card, which they turned down. I would definitely have taken that!

I would stay anonymous and leave the country to try and avoid scroungers and hangers on with a £105m jackpot.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Correct - although its' not just Coutts, Camelot have (or at least had) a panel of banks and the winners can choose (some, for example, want to stick with their current bank, some absolutely don't want their existing bank to know). I've been to some presentation events when I worked in the private banking division of a big bank and we were on the panel. The most critical thing a lot of winners want is instant cash for a celebratory pissup - a £10 million cheque is no use at your local boozer. We used to take a bundle of notes to hand over at the time whilst we sorted out clearance of the cheque. Of all the winners we ended up looking after I can't recall a single one going public.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Use about 4 % immediately to get a nice place/pay off bills/set kids/family up and invest rest in one of them high interest accounts offshore and all the cash raised above inflation give to charities .

What about that ‘Spoke Spanner’ you’ve always wanted ?

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
I hate it when lottery winners say they will continue as normal.He's actually going to continue working as a builder??Well he thinks he is but on a cold grey winters morning when he has a hard days graft ahead of him let's see how committed he is.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If I won a sum of money that meant I received begging letters to share my fortune, you wouldn't see my arse for dust!
It won't happen though, I never buy a ticket:)

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its not big a deal is it? It just about covers the cost of a pretend new main stand at a shite south London football club.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The very best of luck to them. However, and apologies for perhaps trotting this out again but wouldn't be nicer if 105 people won a million each? Spread the happiness?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here