Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] EuroMillions £105m won by Sussex couple

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about invest in Govt. Bonds etc helping the UK economy rather than moving it offshore in a tax avoidance scheme?
If it's good enough for Rees-Mogg..... Two key points here, a, it would be the only way to maintain the size of the original sum of money to allow for inflation and still produce a good return for the charities and b, this would never happen, I do not do the Lottery or scratch cards anyway!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
invest it in the futures market and become a billionaire.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
So you plan to save the world with only £106m???

Don't be daft, I'd keep that intact. Just the interest I'd earn off it. And I'd run my international assasination bureau on a shoestring budget recruiting mainly from abroad a bit like the NHS.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
Travel the world and have countless women.Party hard.You won't find me wasting the money for sure.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I believe it's the pay-off for Camelot's assistance with the money.

We can all say we'd do this that and t'other with the money, but none of us have a clue as to what we should do.
Never mind the day to day logistics of dealing with the cash, let alone other people good and bad or taxation etc.

I'd imagine there's a large amount of piece of mind that comes with spaffing away millions knowing you have experts at dealing with that, in the background.

I won £2.70 in that draw and nearly didn't go into work the next day.
I think I'd need all the help I can get, so if that meant some publicity, when anonymity was impossible, c'est la vie.
All jackpot winners are offered help whether they go public or not. Apparently most big winners do not take it but the lower millionaires do, which seems a little strange to me. Although, I'm sure they will invest in accountants etc.

As an aside, my wife's cousin won £1m on Xmas eve a few years ago. Lotto use Coutts as their bank and my wife's cousin was offered a gold Coutts card, which they turned down. I would definitely have taken that!

I would stay anonymous and leave the country to try and avoid scroungers and hangers on with a £105m jackpot.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
£105m? Should just about cover the deposit for a three bed semi-detached in Hove.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nobody needs £105 million quid. How do you even start to spend it? Or protect yourself from the crims who will make it their mission to take it from you? Far better IMHO to give 105 lucky punters a million quid each. That would be most people's dream sum

*edit* Just watching their live Camelot press conference from Arundel, winners come across as a decent couple with three kids who come across like they will do more than most to remain level-headed. Nice one!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody needs £105 million quid. How do you even start to spend it?

Id buy a mansion.
Buy the nearest house.
Turn that into factory.
Make Haribo Tangfastics.
Design an elaborate despatch system.
Have that connected to the arm rest on my bespoke FatLad chair.
Thus ensuring I have a perpetual supply of Tangs at my fingertips.

I'd probably just waste the rest.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
42 year old builder Steve Thomson from Chichester, married with 3 young kids.
Good luck to him.
One builder has some luck, my brother, a brickie had his van stolen from outside his house last night Bernard Road.
Just finished his bank loan on it and all his tools and cutters etc on board.
White Transit High Top, reg WN62 EKU is anyone sees it or gets any tools offered.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Re Anonymity - I believe it is often easier to get it over and done with. If you want to stay anonymous then someone will blab to the press anyway

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd buy The Albion an expensive striker (Joelinton, Almiron type) then fund a slide from East Upper to the coach park.

Can you buy us a good striker instead?

105m is an insane amount of money. I'm not sure i'd be able to blow all of it, but i'd just relish the opportunity to try tbh.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I would not go public. Why would you go public apart from wanting to show off. No I am not jealous...........much.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I dont know if it is true but I was once told that winners are told the biggest problem is their families security as they immediately become the targets of possible kidnappers for their children /grandchildren etc. If you had that amount of money and somebody took your grandson and held him for £1m ransom you would be tempted to just pay up.
How would everyone know you won. Dont go public and be sensible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Winners are advised to go public. To get all the begging letters and media crap out of the way while the Lottery team are still offering counsel and assistance.
If it leaks later, you’re own your own and it’ll go on for years.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that even if you didnt want to go public it will inevitably leak out so easier to face it at the outset and get it over with. In this chaps case he has 3 children and children talk. I wonder how I could give my 3 sons £30m each without them paying death duties if I passed away within 7 years,there must be a way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here