Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Euro 2008 - Who will you support??

Euro 2008 - Who will you support?

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So the culmination to what has been a fantastic football season is now upon us, who will you be cheering on to Euro glory in June??

???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
How many more polls like this? *yawn*

Anyway, Germany. Partly because I'm half-German, partly because I just like them.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Spain for me, have relatives living there...mind you, they live in Catalonia...so they probably don't want the Spanish to win.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sweden all the way for me :)

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...if Poland win it will almost feel like a home victory.

...perhaps we should all get behind them, at least their flag is red and white!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Holland, they are most like England because they always lose on penalties

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
France...in homage to the fact that 300 years ago my ancestors came to Sussex seeking a better life.

Bloody immigrants.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Spain for me, have relatives living there...mind you, they live in Catalonia...so they probably don't want the Spanish to win.

I can see your point, but Spain do have a fair few Catalans (Puyol and Xavi, for a start) playing for them, so that might swing the opinion of people in Catalunya just a little bit.

Even those who do want autonomy/independence aren't necessarily anti-Spanish in all matters (although obviously some are).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
No support for Romania and Russia??

I'd have thought Englands conquerers would have garnered plenty of support and Romania have always had a healthy following for their attractive free flowing football.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can see your point, but Spain do have a fair few Catalans (Puyol and Xavi, for a start) playing for them, so that might swing the opinion of people in Catalunya just a little bit.

Even those who do want autonomy/independence aren't necessarily anti-Spanish in all matters (although obviously some are).

See your point, my rellies out there are Catalonian to the core (apart from my cousin who is English), they speak the language at home and only use Spanish at work.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
No support for Romania and Russia??

I'd have thought Englands conquerers would have garnered plenty of support and Romania have always had a healthy following for their attractive free flowing football.
I'll certainly be following Romania with great interest, especially with the group they've been drawn in. If they manage to get through to the knock-out stages, it'll be some achievement. They have some decent players in the likes of Chivu & Mutu, though. Hopefully I'll watch a fair bit of Croatia and Russia as well.

Would also like to see Spain progress a bit further this year.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Holland .... underachieved :shrug:for so long but have real decent fans :clap2:.

Dont think they'll win it , Clarence Seedorf has said he wont play for them unless he plays behind the front two so hes dropped from the squad. Still got some good players tho ......

Holland squad for Euro 2008:

Goalkeepers: Edwin van der Sar (Manchester United), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Henk Timmer (Feyenoord)

Defenders: Wilfred Bouma (Aston Villa), Tim de Cler (Feyenoord), John Heitinga (Ajax Amsterdam), Joris Mathijsen (Hamburg), Mario Melchiot (Wigan Athletic), Andre Ooijer (Blackburn Rovers)

Midfielders: Ibrahim Afellay (PSV Eindhoven), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Orlando Engelaar (Twente), Nigel de Jong (Hamburg SV), Wesley Sneijder (Real Madrid), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburg), Demy de Zeeuw (AZ Alkmaar)

Forwards: Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Ajax), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Real Madrid), Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (Celtic).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here