Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EURO 2008 - So Far

Which team has impressed the most during the opening game of EURO 2008?

• Portugal

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Germany

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Holland

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Spain

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
After all the nations have played their opening games in the European Championships, which team have you been most impressed with ???

The four in the list are: Portugal, Germany, Holland and Spain

My choice would be Holland, they just played with class yesterday and played like Champions. Another victory against France and they'll already be in the quarter-finals.

Which team have impressed you the most so far during EURO 2008???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I really really like the way Portugal play football.

But I voted Spain, as they too play lovely open attacking football but with just a little bit more ( not much mind ) composure at the back.

Unfortunately, despite hoping not to miss a thing, I was unable to watch the Holland v Italy game last night, and I didn't see enough of the highlights to comment. So perhaps my vote only counts as half.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Holland looked good but they were very lucky with the first goal which really knocked the stuffing out of Italy, and I think the reaction to their performance has been a bit extreme. I wouldn't write off France yet, and Spain look good (against a very mediocre side), but I think Germany or Portugal will win.

Oct 25, 2003
germany are the most organised i feel

i do still fear croatia though, there's no way we're topping that qualifying group

you can quote me on that aswell:)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
germany are the most organised i feel

i do still fear croatia though, there's no way we're topping that qualifying group

you can quote me on that aswell:)

I was disappointed with Croatia, which makes me even more disappointed for England to lose to them in the qualifiers.

Austria are arguably the weakest team in the competition by far and Croatia only got a very dubious penalty to win the match. I did not think they looked strong at all and can't see them doing well against better opposition...unless they improve, of course.

Oct 25, 2003
I was disappointed with Croatia, which makes me even more disappointed for England to lose to them in the qualifiers.

Austria are arguably the weakest team in the competition by far and Croatia only got a very dubious penalty to win the match. I did not think they looked strong at all and can't see them doing well against better opposition...unless they improve, of course.

remember they were playing against the hosts in the opening match, austria were playing like mentalists and yet croatia never looked in danger

i think they'll raise their game against the better sides:thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The eventual winner hasn't sprinted away from the pack yet......

Germany looked solid but will go out
Spains defence will get caught out
Holland will implode as usual
And Portugal will eventually have to play a team playing well.

Ask me next week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I thought Austria would be the weakest by far, although it seems Greece will give them a run for their money. And why the f*** did Stuart Pearce pay £4 for Samaras? He's absolute toilet.

Croatia will deffo raise their game. How many times have we seen eventual winners start sluggishly? It probably happens in half the major tournaments.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought Austria would be the weakest by far, although it seems Greece will give them a run for their money. And why the f*** did Stuart Pearce pay £4 for Samaras? He's absolute toilet.

Croatia will deffo raise their game. How many times have we seen eventual winners start sluggishly? It probably happens in half the major tournaments.

In fairness Sim, £4 for Samaras looks about right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Croatia looked average, and Russia were utterly SHITHOUSE, which tells you everything you need to know about England's true current status.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing

I thought Croatia looked knackered by the end of that game, if there are any concerns over their fitness levels they have no chance imo

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Holland did look good. However I still expect Italy to make it through the group and they will be hard to beat in the knock out stages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here