• Not bothered

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Plonker

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This one splits them down the line. Is he a hero and a damn good fighter or a complete plonker.

For the record I have always liked Chris hugely , thought he was an awesome fighter and great individual who is a great credit and asset to our City.

With his series about to start on Channel 5 , what the verdict ?.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Excellent fighter and probably a decent bloke, but have always wondered what he is really is like? has anyone met him ? is it all showtime????

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Absolute hero in my eyes.

Strongest chin in the world i reckon.

Proud to have him living in our town. So he's a bit strange? Great bloke.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eubank was never stopped in his career. He had an iron chin and superb technical skills. He beat Benn up in the first, We know about Watson and he should have taken out Collins when he had him beat in round 10 when he started show boating. Some of his best fights was when he moved up to light middleweight he showed immense courage and pride.

After Watson he held back a little as in Collins above.

A great fighter imho.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Rusthall Seagull said:
Excellent fighter and probably a decent bloke, but have always wondered what he is really is like? has anyone met him ? is it all showtime????

My elder sister was walking with her mate who was a couple of weeks pregant, down Madiera drive and Eubank rushed over from the other side of the road , put his hand on her mates tummy and said he could tell she was pregnant from her aura...hmm..ok then Chris.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
He knows people take the piss out of him and he plays up to it.

Consumate showman & everything is a front when in public & he knows it.

Not enough like him in sport nowadays.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hes was/is both, I love eubank, hes a top fella :clap:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Absolute top fella.
My sister knows him personally and he really is a top bloke.

Most of what you see is just him putting on a performance.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
He was with his family in the mall and he full-on eyed up my missus...............it was the happiest moment of my life!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
bigfatbuddha said:
He was with his family in the mall and he full-on eyed up my missus...............it was the happiest moment of my life!

Thats because your missus is fine though innit!

Were you there when we were at Steamers that time when he was out with his son and we started chanting BRUNNNOOOOOOOOO, BRUNNNOOOOO at him. Not too pleased was he?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Legend, especially for nailing Naseem hamed at the airport.

I second that Naseem statement....man I hate that bloke:angry:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
legend,legend,legend.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:
I second that Naseem statement....man I hate that bloke:angry:

Naseem = Poor mans Eubank..lacked the class and charisma to pull it off. Still, a good fighter though just got far to cocky and complacent.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
i met him the morning after the Collins fight.Even though it was in Eire,he was sat in the Palmeira cafe eating a fry-up.Very approachable top boy.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive heard his missus puts it about a bit..
They have an " Open " marraige/relationship by all accounts.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Some of those old fights are being shown again on telly at the mo. I watched the first Benn v Eubank fight recently, what a fight. The guy had an awesome chin, he took punches that would knock out lesser fighters and came back from them to win fights.

Top bloke. How often do we hear people complain about an absence of 'characters' in sport nowadays? We had one then. He knew how to talk/act up a fight without the usual hysterical hype, and it had another advantage in the fact that so many of his opponents fell for his act, getting so wound up they couldn't fight him properly. Remember Gary Stretch? Gary "I'm going to do boxing a favour and knock him out" Stretch? He didn't last very long did he?

The only people who didn't fall for it were Collins, who if anything beat him at his own game with his 'hypnosis', and that Yank whose name eludes me. He took Eubanks' punches but went down like a sack of spuds when he was 'butted', despite barely being touched. Can't remember his damn name, but the fight was in Brighton.

Hero, no question.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Nowt wrong with him - he's a local carachter (spelling!?) of which you can never have enough.

Only last month I got off the bus to see him rolling past in his truck honking his horn at all, and indeed, sundry. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here