Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eubank declared bankrupt

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
From the Argus -

Chris Eubank has gone bust after years of extravagant spending.

The former world champion boxer was declared bankrupt at the The Royal Courts of Justice yesterday for £1.3 million he owed to the Inland Revenue in unpaid VAT.

He could be stripped of his lavish car collection and other luxuries which have become his trademark.

Mr Eubank, 38, earned a reported £10 million from boxing but a lifestyle of wild excess has left him financially crippled.

He said yesterday: "Over the years, I wish I had taken better advice. I appreciate this was my responsibility. I've made some mistakes.

"Now, I want to put this behind me and get on with my life."

A bankruptcy trustee will be appointed by the Inland Revenue, who will shore up Mr Eubank's assets to claw back money.

His fleet of luxury cars, which have included Range Rovers, an Aston Martin Volante, a Harley Davidson motorbike, a £100,000 juggernaut and a Hummer, are likely to be the first things sold, according to insolvency practitioner Ranjit Bajjon.

Expensive furniture, property, boxing belts, jewellery and even Mr Eubank's extensive wardrobe of designer clothing and shoes could be seized and sold, she added.

Mrs Bajjon, a partner in the firm Atherton Bailey, said: "They will be looking for anything with a reasonable saleable value. I imagine in Mr Eubank's case they will find a lot.

"They will also be legally entitled to half of any of his wife's assets, including her home."

Mr Eubank split from wife Karron earlier this year.

She lives with the couple's four children in a seven-floor house on the seafront worth a reported £1.6 million.

Richard Hillgrove, Mr Eubank's Press adviser, said yesterday: "It is something that has accrued over a number of years. It is clear that tax liabilities built up over the years as a young boxer.

"He took some not necessarily good advice and has made some mistakes along the way.

"If he had an opportunity to pay it back he would but his hand has been forced over this. It is a tough time for him."

Mr Eubank's financial situation has long been the subject of Press speculation but he has always overcome his difficulties until now.

He reportedly sold his two mock Tudor homes in the Drive, Hove, earlier this year to pay off some of his debts.

It was reported in 1997 that he was being sued by American Express for almost £120,000 in unpaid bills.

Mr Eubank told reporters at the time the matter had been settled.

I've thought for some time that Eubank was throwing his money around rather, do I feel sorry for him ? Not really.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Another example of the Anus getting it wrong. Eubank never said that, he said

"Over the yearth, I with I had taken better advithe. I apprethiate thith wath my rethponthibility. I've made thome mithtaketh."

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Better boxer than business man obviously, and no doubt made tougher for him with his wife having moved out. Sorry to hear this, I've always had time for Eubank and his eccentricities.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
total prick.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BRIGHT ON Q said:
total prick.

No, not at all, a real character yes and most people who've met him (I bumped into him at Victoria Station) will tell you he's a nice bloke.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
Good. I prefered Benn. He was a proper boxer. Eubank was just a ponce. I had a go at him once for trying to park his truck in a tiny square just off oxford st. Tosser.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
WATFORD O said:
I had a go at him once for trying to park his truck in a tiny square just off oxford st. Tosser.

Was that the time he parked in front of the tube station news stand you were running?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Icy Gull said:
Was that the time he parked in front of the tube station news stand you were running?

:lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He came into my college once to give a talk and just started telling us how if we wanted to be succesful we should be like him. Nice one. Also saw him in a hotel on his mobile and it started ringing while he was talking into it. He's a total fooking weapon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eubank is superb

He looked pretty sharp on the X Factor at the weekend. The suit cost they guy more than most people on here earn a year.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
i always liked him; kinda put Brighton on the sporting map years ago along with Ovett etc..

Took part in some of the meatiest toe to toe fights i've ever seen, and cheered him on all way.

i do know that when he was getting paid a lot for each fight (£1m) he's go out afterwards and spend, say £900k, completley forgetting that he had to pay tax on that £1m.. So he then had to go out and fight again to make up the money...but would do it again..!

:shootself

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I challenged him to a fight on Brighton station once, when I was pissed right up, but he declined. I like to think that he was scared of me.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhaexpress said:
No, not at all, a real character yes and most people who've met him (I bumped into him at Victoria Station) will tell you he's a nice bloke.

I agree. I have met him a few times, and he is very polite friendly etc. I wouldn't want to revel in a man going bankrupt, particularly as he has just split up with his wife as well. Kicking a man when he is down :nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why don't they just chuck his wife out of the £1.6 million place and let him keep the juggernaut and his collection of jodhpurs?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eubank is a fecking legend. He is a brilliant ambassador for the town. I reckon if he stood for parliament he could get in. As a tory I would imagine.

Blair would have no chance against Cwistopher Livingston Eubank.

Saw him strutting down George Street this summer, chants of Eubank, Eubank followed him. He loved it. Also his arms are fecking huge, still in good nick, maybe a return to the ring Chris ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My friend works for a PR company in London and she attended a launch party of a hotel in Oxford.

The celebrities - Denise Lewis, Linford Christie, Katy Hill and none other than the one and omly Mr Chris Eubank!!!

So perhaps he will not be too badly off, now his debts are being settled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here