Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ESPN Coverage

I knew we were going to get biased coverage today when I saw John Barnes and Keegan were pundits. If United were playing Liverpool, do you think they'd only get ex-United players as pundits.

Though I did enjoy hearing the bitterness in Twaddle's voice over us beeting the Geordies .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Should have had Mark Lawrenson who would have been neutral and I like his downbeat sense of humour.

Lawrenson was co-commentating on 5 Live and virtually pissing himself with barely concealed glee as we shipped in goal after goal. He loved it.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was watching an Al-Jazeera stream and Souness was tearing Poyet's style to shreds before the game had even started, I only wished Poyet had the opportunity to reply!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I was watching an Al-Jazeera stream and Souness was tearing Poyet's style to shreds before the game had even started, I only wished Poyet had the opportunity to reply!

Since when did Souness know anything about fashion anyway?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We are criticised for playing the same sort of game all the time (Gus admits we play only one way) but haven't we got to develop different styles to progress further?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
ESPN's coverage of our games this season has been awful, very biased in favour of whoever we've been playing. Steve Harper was meant to be the "neutral" pundit for the Newcastle game... They picked a Geordie who has played for Newcastle for over a decade, and spent a month on loan to us which means nothing at all to him. Brilliant. Today they didn't even bother doing that, Barnes and Keegan. Does it get more Liverpool than that?

Atleast give Elphick an airing, he's a Liverpool fan from Brighton who has been on TV before and did ok. But nooo.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's appropriate that Disney own ESPN as they are a Mickey Mouse outfit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought both Barnes and Keegan were quite complimentary to us at half time. I think Barnes even said that 1-1 would have been a fair reflection of the first half. It was almost as if they'd been watching a different game to Waddle.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
ESPN's coverage of our games this season has been awful, very biased in favour of whoever we've been playing. Steve Harper was meant to be the "neutral" pundit for the Newcastle game... They picked a Geordie who has played for Newcastle for over a decade, and spent a month on loan to us which means nothing at all to him. Brilliant. Today they didn't even bother doing that, Barnes and Keegan. Does it get more Liverpool than that?

Atleast give Elphick an airing, he's a Liverpool fan from Brighton who has been on TV before and did ok. But nooo.

Very much this.

After the Newcastle game, John Barnes and Steve Harper had faces like spanked arses, because little Brighton had the temerity to beat their team and spoil their day. There was unbridled joy yesterday from the ESPN pundits yesterday. Talk about totally biased; any praise for Brighton was delivered in such a patronising way.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lawrenson was co-commentating on 5 Live and virtually pissing himself with barely concealed glee as we shipped in goal after goal. He loved it.

Lawrenson seems to b reluctant to even hav us on his CV....but then i don't find him worth listening too

This myth that Lawrenson is somehow anti-Brighton is getting rather tedious. He's always been very complimentary about his time with us.

As for yesterday, here's what he said. ""Brighton kept going. Championship teams are trying to play the game in the right way because they realise if you get into the Premier League you have to keep the ball, Swansea being a prime example. In the end it was an emphatic win but a bit unfortuante for Brighton. Playing wise and keeping the ball they were as good as Liverpool for an hour." That doesn't sound like anti-Brighton to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This myth that Lawrenson is somehow anti-Brighton is getting rather tedious. He's always been very complimentary about his time with us.

As for yesterday, here's what he said. ""Brighton kept going. Championship teams are trying to play the game in the right way because they realise if you get into the Premier League you have to keep the ball, Swansea being a prime example. In the end it was an emphatic win but a bit unfortuante for Brighton. Playing wise and keeping the ball they were as good as Liverpool for an hour." That doesn't sound like anti-Brighton to me.

well fair enough..as i didnt listen to the radio commentary (wish i had)...but previously he has com across as though he was reluctant to talk about his days with us...marvellous player though

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I knew we were going to get biased coverage today when I saw John Barnes and Keegan were pundits. If United were playing Liverpool, do you think they'd only get ex-United players as pundits.

Though I did enjoy hearing the bitterness in Twaddle's voice over us beeting the Geordies .

I'm pretty sure that when United played Liverpool a few weeks ago the pundits were Jamie Redknapp along with Gary Neville and Darren Fletcher!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here