Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ESCALADO....Remember it.?

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
Dusting off ther xmas games this week. My favourite is "Escalado", where you turn the handle and the horses race up a track stretched out along the length of the dining room table.

Everyone screaming at the tops of their voices having bet 20p on the blue horse.

The version I've got has the original lead horses which you can't buy now.

What's your favourite old xmas game.?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Cadman said:

DRINK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, LAST ONE STANDING DOES THE WASHING UP.......:drink: :drink: :drink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bloodh_30.jpg

anyone have this baby?

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
We also had the old classic crow shoot, where its you and your pop gun aginst 6 plastic crows. We were easily pleased back then.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Re: Re: ESCALADO....Remember it.?

bakesy said:
DRINK AS MUCH AS YOU CAN, LAST ONE STANDING DOES THE WASHING UP.......:drink: :drink: :drink:
never heard of it , what are the rules ? :jester:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Always seemed to be Pictionary with my family. And every year without fail my nan would moan about being paired off with my grandad then whine incessantly about how rubbish he was at the game until one year he decided he was deaf. He's had selective hearing ever since, seems to have no problem listening to anyone bar my nan, who's voice mysteriously doesn't register with him anymore.

To Pictionary, bringing families together...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Cadman said:
Dusting off ther xmas games this week. My favourite is "Escalado", where you turn the handle and the horses race up a track stretched out along the length of the dining room table.

Everyone screaming at the tops of their voices having bet 20p on the blue horse.

#

great game ... we always used to play it on the last day of term at school when you could bring in games

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Cadman said:

i had that ! it was mag-f***ing-nifico
!

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Cadman said:

Got the same as you Cadman. but somehow one of the legs of the Blue horse has got broken off.
Anyway my fav xmas game is Monopoly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The top xmas game for us was the card game Newmarket.
Everybody playing with coppers, some of the adults would even have big money (10p's).
Just about all the money would end up on the last queen, we are talking 1000's of pounds here (realisitally only £2.50) but it looked like the gross national debt to me.
You could cut the tension with a knife, lots of shouting, sweating, tears @ least 1 cousin sent from the table, for not managing.
It was as much as anyone could bear, until finally the the game was won, usually by my sister.
I'm not bitter I just haven't spoken to her for 20 years
:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've had Escalado (mine was on a wooden platform though), Triv (umteen versions), Totopoly and Pass the Pigs.

Isn't Christmas dull ? (Frustraion was the 'game' played while waiting for your long drawn out and tedious Christmas Dinner to be served).

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The Game of Life..

Brought a new one for my daughter and everyone loves it. (I always win as I cheat)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here