Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Errea and new away kit

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Form official site "Meanwhile, Albion have renewed their contract with Italian-based kit suppliers Errea for another three years.

The Seagulls' current home shirt remains unchanged for next season, but they will have a new away strip."

Why on Earth are we staying with this lot? Replica shirts are always late. We should be selling them in May or June and often don't get them until late summer/autumn. The quality of the shirts has been good (until the present home kit) but I think we could do better. I guess beggers can't be choosers.

It'll be interesting to see what chief fashion designer Dick Knight comes up with for the new away kit. Why not let us choose Dick?

???

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Ah....only now have I noticed the thread on this below. Anyway, what they said:dunce:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
To be fair the reason for the late shirts is down to Skint rather than Errea. However, the shit quality and wrong colours IS!

I'd like addidas personally....

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Errea must be cheap. I dont like the Argentina kit, the blue goalie shirt is top though.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Sunderland and a few other clubs have put a selection of shirts in a poll and let the fans choose the design.....please Mr Knight

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Ipswich did something similar on Saturday. They had a selection of 6 kits and each design was paraded around the ground. They gave out the phone numbers to call for each design and had the 6 prototypes on display at the club shop.

I'd like to think we could do something similar.

We'll have a red away kit next season btw.

The Auditor said:
Sunderland and a few other clubs have put a selection of shirts in a poll and let the fans choose the design.....please Mr Knight

Never ever let the fans decide what the deisgn of the shirt will be.

Anyone recall a certain internet poll selectng a future kit for PeterboroughUtd few years ago?????????????

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Auditor said:
They had that at Ipswich on saturday. The six best entries were made and the designers got to wear their strip as they walked around the pitch at half time. Could make a bit of money for the club too if you had to phone or text your vote in.

Damn your quick fingers Shelton!

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The Auditor said:

I think Portsmouth did this and their website was barraged with Southampton fans all choosing the shittest design.

For that reason alone, it's probably not a good idea. It would be nice to have a semi-formal consultation, though I'm not sure how it could be done.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I think Portsmouth did this and their website was barraged with Southampton fans all choosing the shittest design.

For that reason alone, it's probably not a good idea. It would be nice to have a semi-formal consultation, though I'm not sure how it could be done.
Didnt we try and hijack the Palace shirt vote this summer?!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
If we set up a premium phone line to vote for the best shirt then I don't really care.

If the club choose four designs for us to choose from then the worst one they think up can't be worse than the one we have now. If palace et al want to hi-jack and vote for a 'shit' shirt design then let them. People will still buy the shirt anyway (e.g. this season) and they will be contributing to our coffers!

win win IMHO.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Lammy said:
the worst one they think up can't be worse than the one we have now.

I really like the one we have now - the colour, at least, although I'm not keen on the stuck on Skint logo. I really hope we keep the new colour blue as I 've come to like it much more than the former blue. If the new away shirt is red I won't be buying one - never have and never will!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Fran Hagarty said:
I really like the one we have now - the colour, at least, although I'm not keen on the stuck on Skint logo. I really hope we keep the new colour blue as I 've come to like it much more than the former blue. If the new away shirt is red I won't be buying one - never have and never will!

Like I say, it doesn't matter how shit the kit is someone will buy it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here