Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Er, bring back...Hawkins?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ok, perhaps i'm being a bit extreme.

But it's plainly obvious that Hinshelwood and Elphick don't have the physical presence or the positioning ability needed in order to play alongside each other.

I would suggest that Virgo has a go at centre back, but that's far too sensible for our Micky.

4 goals conceded at home - is it time for 'calamity' Hawk to prove the doubters wrong? I'm not sure about that, but we'll do well to stay up with such a lightweight defence - McNulty is not exactly Chris Eubank either!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We've conceded 8 goals in the last 9 games with Hinsh. We conceded 20 in the 9 games before that. Our defence was poor today but why don't you think before you open your mouth?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
We've conceded 8 goals in the last 9 games with Hinsh. We conceded 20 in the 9 games before that. Our defence was poor today but why don't you think before you open your mouth?

...and who was our 'player of the month' ? The goalkeeper.

Hinshelwood and Elphick together - all over the shop. Good defenders, but they don't bring the best out of each other.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Elphick is a nightmare full stop. Positionally he's a joke, no pace, no reading of the game, but because he puts his body on the line that's good enough for many. He has to go. Hinshelwood was a disaster tonight but with the injury he's just had I'm letting him off for now. What I certainly agree with is that Virgo HAS to play centre-back. For now I'd partner him with Hinshelwood but if that's no good I would bring back the Hawk.

Whilst I think you're doing your usual act of being unnecessarily harsh on certain players that rub you the wrong way (do you pick your targets out of a hat at the start of the season?), Elphick has not been the same player this season as he was last season, and I agree that for me Hinsh would keep his place with Virgo is a change was required.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
So basically you agree with me? What a stupid f***ing way of saying so. Elphick has been turd this season. You can't argue with that. I don't know what the difference is between this season and last but he's just not the same player, and regularly costs goals that people tend to forget.

No, basically I don't agree with the way you exaggerate the faults or talents of any player you like or dislike to the point of hysteria. I agree with you that Elphick is not as good player as he was, but when you describe a player who clearly has some talent as a "nightmare", "positionally a joke" and "no reading of the game" I find it hard to take you seriously. Why must everything be so sensationalist with you?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Have you considered that maybe I just give opinions on the players I feel strongly about, both positively and negatively? I can think of quite a few current players I rarely comment on, because if I did it would be something along the lines of "he's alright, pretty solid, won't let us down but lacks anything special." No point in writing that on a messageboard.

Anyway, getting back to Elphick he was a nightmare tonight, positionally he's been caught out for LOADS of goals this season that most people seem to conveniently overlook, and he can't read the game the way someone like Butters could. How am I being unfair? I genuinely fail to see why he's in the team in that position over someone like Virgo.

I just find the way that you seem to describe everything as "A JOKE" or "NIGHTMARE" or a "SHOWER" etc. etc. a bit tiresome. I see your point, if you have an opinion there's no reason to temper it, but I don't understand why every player seems to be either a hero or utter shite with you. Plus, I very rarely seem to read you saying "I'm not ...'s biggest fan but today he was bloody good".

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Elphick played better with an experienced defender next to him like Guy.

He is still young.

No Hawkins in NOT experienced with his 5 games for Cov and some league of ireland games.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
We need an old head at the back who can command and instruct the defence.

They are all talented but do not play as a unit, nobody takes charge or makes decisions hence so many goals are conceeded with 5 or 6 defenders within 10 yeards of the scorer.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't you want The Hawk consigned to the dustbin not so long ago ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here