Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough Of This Gloom & Doom - Some Good News

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
My eldest Junior finally has a part time job, starts next week at Tescos

Well done son, very pleased for you (and the relief on the Huts wallet)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good on him.
Didn't do me any harm. And I used to thieve from the deli to get me through those evening shifts. Its all character building.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good on him.
Didn't do me any harm. And I used to thieve from the deli to get me through those evening shifts. Its all character building.

He will be maintaining the dairy products aisle

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Tesco seems to be a good place to progress quickly if you work hard and keep your nose clean,theres plenty of jobs around that do not reward loyalty and hard work,but have a couple of pals who worked thier way up from the basement in a relative short time working for tesco.

The benefits in the summer are scantily clad honies popping in just to buy a diet pepsi and enjoying the cool air nipple enhancer,end of day cheapo grub,a bit of hard earned wedge in your back pocket,and not forgeting those saturdays you have to work as we are losing 2-0 away to hartlepool. Good luck :thumbsup:

hillbilly

In the hill, not over it!
Sep 1, 2008
Burgess Hill
Good luck to the boy.
My first job was cleaning toilets at an Old People's home. Thankfully things changed direction after that. At least I got the money to goto the Goldstone!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Good for him.

Still looking for one myself. Most places want experience which I unfortunately do not have. Not sure how I'm going to get experience if no one is willing to offer me a job. Signed up to agencies, handed in CV's but still no luck. Good exam results don't seem to count for much :shrug:

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

If anyone has a job they'd like to offer me it would be more than appreciated!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Good for him.

Still looking for one myself. Most places want experience which I unfortunately do not have. Not sure how I'm going to get experience if no one is willing to offer me a job. Signed up to agencies, handed in CV's but still no luck. Good exam results don't seem to count for much :shrug:

If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated.

If anyone has a job they'd like to offer me it would be more than appreciated!

At least you HAVE exam results to show! Wait till 26th August, less than 10 days before collage. If you have failed, that leaves absolutly no time atall. plus you don't have anything to show employers. Life eh?:shrug:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Probably the most pointless, look at me, self-promoting thread ever in the history of my time on NSC! Does anyone really give a shit about Beach Hut's kid getting a job at Tesco? What sort of ego-maniac would post such a trivial thing on here and think for one minute that it would be of any remote interest to anyone apart from Easy 10?

On a bad news day you sure came up with the goods BH!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
When I was in the 6th form at Varndean, I worked at Sainsburys, London Road Friday night and all day Saturday(Butchers dept) and the Academy Cinema, West St, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and late shows, Saturday(Ice Cream dept)

What went in the mince would make your toes curl:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here