Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England's World Cup Squad

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What would be your 22? Should Crouch be included? Any surprise inclusions? Sadly we'll still have the Swede in charge but heck, we might reach the quarter finals...

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to see Darren Bent given a go.

And Danny Murphy should be in the squad, certainly ahead of the likes of Jenas, Hargraves and Dyer.

StevieV

Aug 13, 2003
robbo, kirkland, green

campbel, ferdinand, terry, neville, young, carragher, cole

beckham, swp, richardson, cole, gerrard, lampard, carrick/murphy, king

owen, rooney, defoe, crouch,

Stumpy Tim

Robinson, Kirkland, Green

Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, Neville, Carragher, Cole, King

Beckham, SWP, Richardson, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, Downing

Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch

Bit harsh on Luke Young, but Neville is number one, and Carragher is more flexible in that he can play across the back-four. It also makes room for Stuart Downing who has to go as either first or second choice left-midfielder.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Speak for themselves really.

With Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, King and Carragher you have more than adequate centre backs. Carra can fill in anywhere along the back four, and King can play in midfield if needed.

Beckham, SWP, Richardson, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, Hargreaves

Mostly speak for themselves, Hargreaves I'm sure people who have nver seen him play a full game in their life will say is crap, but he's not, and can cover anywhere across midfield or at fullback. I'd like to fit Danny Murphy in somewehre as he is one of the few English midfielders that regularly plays defence splitting passes, but can't decide on who to drop.

Owen, Rooney, Bent/Defoe, Heskey/Crouch

Owen and Rooney are obviously the main two. Then whoever has a better season out of Defoe and Bent, and the same goes for Crouch and Heskey.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
No Wayne Bridge?
I'd like to include him, can't decide who to drop. Maybe King out for Bridge.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Stumpy Tim said:

Beckham, SWP, Richardson, Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick, Downing

Owen, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch

Bit harsh on Luke Young, but Neville is number one, and Carragher is more flexible in that he can play across the back-four. It also makes room for Stuart Downing who has to go as either first or second choice left-midfielder.

i love the look of that squad and totally agree with the stuart downing shout....

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Engeeeeeeeeeeeeeerland!!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Robinson, Kirkland, Carson.

Terry, G.Neville, A. Cole, Carragher, Bridge, Ferdinand, King.

Lampard, Gerrard, Murphy, J.Cole, Beckham, A.Lennon, Wright- Phillips, Reo-Coker.

Rooney, Owen, Bent, Crouch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keepers: Robinson, Kirkland, Green

Defenders: G Neville, A Cole, W Bridge, J Carragher, R Ferdinand, S Campbell, L King

Midfielders: S Gerrard, D Beckham, F Lampard, J Cole, M Carrick, S Downing, SWP, Jenas

Strikers: M Owen, J Defoe, D Bent, W Rooney.

The only change I might make is if a tall striker like Heskey, Crouch, Ellington, Ashton or, God forbid, Zamora banged in a few goals for their club, in which case I'd drop Jenas.

Stumpy Tim

y2dave said:
Robinson, Kirkland, Carson.

Terry, G.Neville, A. Cole, Carragher, Bridge, Ferdinand, King.

Lampard, Gerrard, Murphy, J.Cole, Beckham, A.Lennon, Wright- Phillips, Reo-Coker.

Rooney, Owen, Bent, Crouch.

Reo-Coker & Lennon above Downing & Jenas? Reo-Coker would have zero chance of playing and would be a complete waste of a place. In centre-mid Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, King, and Murphy would be ahead of Reo-Coker. You can't afford to have a 6th choice midfielder in a squad of 22

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Stumpy Tim said:
Reo-Coker & Lennon above Downing & Jenas? Reo-Coker would have zero chance of playing and would be a complete waste of a place. In centre-mid Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, King, and Murphy would be ahead of Reo-Coker. You can't afford to have a 6th choice midfielder in a squad of 22

Lennon looks like a potential world beater, can play down either flank. Reo Coker is a great versatile midfielder, capable of playing box to box or holding midfield. King would be in to cover posistions, Beckham on the right so he would be higher than 6th choice! In my opinion these two have a better attitude, more determination and talent than. I think Lennon will have a lot of the media pushing for his inclusion if he continues to impress.

Anyway how many out of the 22 will actually play? There are normally 1 or 2 up and coming stars included at the expense of more established names who have not taken there chances.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Not too many shouts for Kieron Dyer. Interesting...

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Just a quick question...Would you pick Andrew Johnson if he goes on to score 30+ goals this season? (forget about the Palace connection) and say neither Defoe, Bent, Crouch or Heskey get over 20?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
eagles #1 said:
Just a quick question...Would you pick Andrew Johnson if he goes on to score 30+ goals this season? (forget about the Palace connection) and say neither Defoe, Bent, Crouch or Heskey get over 20?

Don't be ridiculous.

Stumpy Tim

y2dave said:
Lennon looks like a potential world beater, can play down either flank. Reo Coker is a great versatile midfielder, capable of playing box to box or holding midfield. King would be in to cover posistions, Beckham on the right so he would be higher than 6th choice! In my opinion these two have a better attitude, more determination and talent than. I think Lennon will have a lot of the media pushing for his inclusion if he continues to impress.

Anyway how many out of the 22 will actually play? There are normally 1 or 2 up and coming stars included at the expense of more established names who have not taken there chances.

I would say that if Gerrard or Lampard got injured, Sven would put Beckham in the middle and SWP on the right. He wouldn't start a World Cup game with Reo-Coker in the middle.

Lennon is interesting. I still find it hilarious that Leeds sold Lennon to Spurs for the same amount they bought Harding for :clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Darren Bent get 19 goals in the Prem he's going to Germany regardless of how many Johnson scores...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here