Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Saffers Second ODI @ Trent Bridge

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
England: Ian Bell, Matt Prior (wk), Owais Shah, Kevin Pietersen (capt), Andrew Flintoff, Paul Collingwood, Samit Patel, Luke Wright, Stuart Broad, Steve Harmison, James Anderson

South Africa: Graeme Smith (capt), Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Mark Boucher (wk), Albie Morkel, Johan Botha, Andre Nel, Dale Steyn, Makhaya Ntini

SA won the toss and will bat.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
pitch looks good i know THAT much!

Come on England!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Controversial selection there, dropping Bopora instead of Wright, especially after Bopora bowled on Friday and Wright didn't

Controversial selection there, dropping Bopora instead of Wright, especially after Bopora bowled on Friday and Wright didn't

I suspect that they feel that with Bell, Shah (although I know he has another gear) and Collingwood already in the side, they wanted to have someone who can be promoted up the order to smack it around in the last 5/10 overs. We shouldn't be relying on the man at 8 to stay in for a long time and build an innings. Bopara is much more similar to Collingwood I would say. The only reservation that I have about the return of Collingwood is that it could mean less overs for Patel and Pietersen. However Pietersen showed in the first game (where Anderson bowled only I think 3 overs) that he is not afraid to turn to the allrounders/part-timers if a front line bowler is struggling.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Another wicket for Broad, another catch for Prior and this one's supposed to be a fantastic catch

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
It must have been a pretty good catch for TMS to praise Prior

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Now Piers, is Broad still not good enough to bowl for England?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here